Tuesday, July 26, 2005
the Day James proposed
July 24th 2005. I woke up to my phone ringing. James was at my door. He came early to surprise me. He told me he wanted to take me hiking. So I jumped out of bed and hurried to get ready. Before leaving my house James suggested I bring my makeup so I could put some on while we drove. I looked at him as if he was crazy. I only wore makeup on special occasions and hiking wasn't one of the times. He then added that he wanted to braid my hair before we got to the trail head. Okay if you'll braid my hair i'll wear makeup. Then he took me to Saddle Mt. The same hike we did the first date we ever went on. We had a wonderful time hiking and reminiscing of all the things we'd done since we first hiked the mountain several months before. When we got to our favorite lookout, James suggested that we take a snack break. As we ate James started to hum my favorite song. But if you've ever played "name this tune" with me you'll know I'm the worst at recognizing melodies. With a puzzled look I asked James, "Are you humming the graduation song?" nope try again. then I realized he was singing the proposal song. The song I asked him to sing to me if and when he ever proposed to me. In the moment I totally thought he was joking so I started to sing along with him. But when he pulled out the ring I realized I just song my own Proposal song. Hahahhahahah I said "YES." and we started to hug while James slipped the ring on my finger. I was so shocked with what was actually happening I refused to look at the ring. Finally James pulled me to my senses and insisted that I look down at my hand. Wrapped in white gold supported by six prongs, delicately laid James' great uncle's diamond. A turn of the century cut that shines like no other. Its beauty is simplicity. After more hugs we packed up our snacks and continued to climb. the best part of his proposal was continuing the climb to the summit hand in hand starting a new phase of our life, together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment