Wednesday, February 8, 2012

happy Birthday James

Happy Birthday James!

We love you and happy you are apart of our family.  This morning Gwenevere woke up asking for you.  She wanted you to sit with her while she went poop.  That's how important you are to us.  :-)  We love that you work hard and take great care of us.  Thank you for working hard at work and at home.  Thank you for reading scriptures to us and leading our home in love and righteousness.  Because of you we are very blessed.  And for this we are truly thankful.


To celebrate James' birthday we had a mini family vacation to the Beach last weekend.  YIPPEE!  James' brother Daniel,  his Sister Rebecca and Max were all able to join us.  

On Thursday night we Grilled hotdogs, went swimming, played games and stayed up late talking.  










   

Saturday morning Rebecca made a yummy breakfast.  Then we drove to Sequim WA to buy some snacks and a shovel for Gwenevere.  (Thank you Grandma Wilcox for the birthday "CASH!")  Gwenevere was excited to buy the shovel by herself.  

After Sequim James went for a long bike ride and the rest of us enjoyed a nice walk on the Discover tail.  






 

When James got home from his bike ride we drove to Port Townsend to pick up a few groceries we had forgotten earlier.  We come home and attempted to make dinner but was not successful so we ate more hot dogs and LOTS of Cake.   

Side note:  earlier in the week when I asked James what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday he said "Spice cake."  I went to the store and for some reason I thought James wanted Carrot cake for his birthday.  It didn't feel right buying a carrot cake so instead I bought chocolate, when in doubt, James loves chocolate.  When I came home with a chocolate cake James was slightly disappointed.  It was too late to get another cake so went to Port Townsend we bought a spice cake for James.   making the trip to Port Townsend worth it.

back to the story.


That cake looks like it's on fire 







We finished the day watching the last two Harry Potter movies and going to bed exhausted.

On Saturday we all slept in, ate breakfast and that packed up and checked out.


Once we had checked out we drove to Fort Worden to explore the old bunkers, have a picnic and play at the beach. This was probably the best part of the trip.


I spy Dano


Outside the Bunkers



James exploring



                                    Gwenevere age 3                              Gwenevere age 18 months


Grace age 6 month





Looking at the view















Playing with Papa 







Dano took this picture

















 

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh that looked like so much fun. I've been craving to go over to the peninsula for a while now. Thanks for feeding my craving with all the great photos!

rob said...

I must have done something good to be blessed with such a great family. I love all of these guys so much - Dad

Seth Thomas said...

Shovel shopping is always a blast. Tell Gwen if she carries her own shovel she can go trail building with me.

Max and Rebecca said...

That was so much fun! thank you for inviting us!