Friday, November 8, 2013

Our Happy Little family

Each day I tell myself I want to blog.  So much is happening and Everett is changing so much but time keeps slipping away and I don't blog as often as I do in my head.  So instead of making the 20 plus blog posts I have imagined I'll quickly post some of my favorite pictures and hope that I can blog in detail soon.

 When I drive into our driveway and see the home James has worked so hard on, my heart is filled with love, I truly am grateful for so many wonderful blessing.   I love this time of year and I'm grateful to be reminded of all the good in the world.


Little Grace, oh how I love you silly.  You make me laugh and I love your spunk.  The other day we were driving in the car, You, Me and Cater our friend.  It's not often that I get time with you and not Gwenevere, Gwenevere loves to dominate our car ride conversations and we both don't mind.  But on this day, You were the center of attention.  You sat in the back seat singing to me and Cater.  First you song "down by the station"  And then you switched to "I am a child of God".  You sang this song over and over and over again.  It was fun seeing your faith.  Keep it up little one, you will someday be a great missionary.


Everett, i love you.  It's fun to have you in our family.  The girls just adore you and love to bring you toys to play with.  By next summer you will be chasing after your big sisters ready for lots of fun.

Everett, you have had a hard time finding comfort.  Both Papa and I have struggled to help you feel happy.  But when you do settle down and sleep we all rejoice.  You are a great night time sleeper, you go to bed around 10pm you wake up around 2 or 3 to eat and then you go right back to sleep and you sleep until 5-6 you eat again and then go right back to sleep until 8-9 when the girls wake you up.  I don't even change your diaper at night but you are really soggy in the morning.  

Our Bishop and his wife gave us this cute little outfit.  You are a handsome little man and I just love this outfit on you.  


Papa made this bracelet for Gwenevere.  


Somedays are just rough around this house.  But we get through it with lots of cuddling.  I don't remember why Gwenevere was so upset this day but taking pictures made it all better.


Morning sunlight and some halloween candy make for a perfect picture.  
thanks Gwenevere for this wonderful picture.


I love my little man.  And I must say, Boy clothes are so much better than girl clothes.  I love LOVE the simplicity.  


Smiles and floor time after morning breakfast. 


It doesn't get any better than this

Grace just being Grace.  She wants to put on her Pirate shoes but won't let anyone help her.  
"I do it myself"
I love her sense of independence.


Everett is getting better at finding his fingers to suck on.  He doesn't really care for a pacifier but he does like his fist.  You might be our first thumb sucker.  

My house is often a mess, I don't usually wear makeup, I'm socially awkward when first getting to know someone, and possibly even after we've been good friends for a while.  But I'm happy, I love being married to James and raising three terrific kids.   Self portraits aren't my thing.  lol


Gwenevere self portraits might not be your thing either.  hehehhehe  You are the best 4 year old a mama could ask for.  When toting around 3 little kiddos I'm glad to have you on my side.  You are a great helper, and mood lifter, and an angel in disguise.   


Just a little Halloween treat



Everett trying out his bumbo.  Not quite ready for this big chair but getting closer. 


I found Grace holding Everett's hand in the car the other day.  

Best Friends

This is how we make it through the day.  
Everett I pray you will feel better and that you outgrow your reflux soon.
Life is hard but with Family all can be alright.

4 comments:

rob said...

I have been thinking a lot about gratitude lately. Maybe it is the season change or just because it's November but I was thinking about my kids and the wonderful choices they made in marrying the people they did, both Max and you are amazing and I am so happy both of you are part of this family. I could not have asked for better. I wish you could have met my Dad, he would have thought the world of you too.

Max and Rebecca said...

Photo dump blog posts are the best and very needed. I can't believe how much Everett grows every time you post pictures. I absolutely love the picture of all 3 kids on the sheep skin and the bumbo picture.

Dan Thomas said...

Good pictures! James I plan on sending some more cast iron stuff! I found another skillet with a lid that is also comming your way in addition to the flat round grittle! Could or would you also use a camping stove! I have a cooler that runs of your cigarett lighter! It cools and heats whatever you want! I don't think that Will and Jenni could fit it in their car! Maybe you could get it when you come over this summer if you want it!

Jenni said...

I'm sorry you've had a rough time lately. I've been wondering how it has been adjusting to 3 kids. I am worried that OUR baby #3 will have reflux as well because I haven't been able to eat any sort of dairy during this pregnancy without getting awful acid reflux. I haven't eaten ice cream in 5 months, or milk. I tried some last night and felt barfy/refluxy all night long. I've heard that is a sign that the baby might be lactose intolerant which makes nursing hard. so reading your blog about how you're having a hard time makes me feel for you because I think I might be in the same position in 4 months from now!

Hang in there though. you have such a great attitude and you're a wonderful mom and wife.