It's been two years since our last overnight getaway and we figured it was time for another one. Jason and Vangie Box planned this trip and we tagged along for the ride. It was incredible.
Friday morning we cleaned, packed and took the kids to Will and Jenni's house. They where excited to spend the weekend with their cousins and Will and Jenni where gracious enough to let us drop all three kids off. Their adventure will be posted another day.
After saying goodbye to the kids James and I headed back to Tacoma to meet up with Jason and Vangie unfortunately traffic was a mess and it took us two hours to get to their house. Once we had everything loaded up and ready to go we drove down to Astoria Or. We arrived late in the evening, checked into the Riverside Inn and then headed down town for some sushi. YUMMY. We then meandered over to the Goonie house before finding a pier to watch the sunset. Everything was amazing.
 |
| Funny Story: This picture was behind the front desk when I went to check into our hotel. I wasn't sure what we got ourselves into but it turned out to be ok. LOL Ninja Turtles on a subway, we're cool like that. |
 |
The view from our room.
|
After sunset we went back to our rooms for a quick rest. around 11 pm we drove out to The Wreck of Peter Iredale. The moon was really bright but we had fun taking pictures and practicing light painting. Finally a cop came out and told us the beach was closed so we made our way back to the car.
 |
| The Wreck of Peter Iredale |
The next morning we slept in, packed up, took pictures and then went out to eat at PigNPancake
The next stop was Cannon Beach. When we first arrived there was still fog in the air but it burned off shortly and we all had fun practicing our photography skills.
 |
| this is my close up, hehehehe |
 |
| Maybe my favorite picture from the trip |
 |
| Jason and Vangie walking on the beach |
 |
| Playing with reflections |
 |
| I just loved how vivid the colors where |
After Canon beach we decided we should have ice cream for lunch. So off to Tillamook for some cheese samples and Ice Cream.
 |
| I love these colors |
 |
| Jason making fun of me for taking so many pictures, |
 |
| behold the cheese factory |
 |
| Vangie entertained us with her ice cream eating challange |
 |
| James takes eating Ice Cream very serious |
After Tillamook we headed further south to Devil's Punch bowl. The sun was high and the tide out so the pictures where a little anti climatic, but we did have fun watching the surfers.
 |
| the bowl is empty |
Next stop Best Western at Agate's Beach. We checked into our hotel, showered, cleaned up and got ready for dinner. Vangie put us on the wait list at Gorgies next to the beach. Dinner was amazing and yes I may have taken a few toys from the treasure chest without realizing you needed a Pirate token. ooops. James and I shared a sample platter that had everything, clams, crab, scallops, cod ect. It was amazing.
 |
| Wow, I forgot what it is like to have time for myself. All ready for dinner |
After dinner we drove up to the Yaquina head lighthouse. The fog was thick and beautiful. The common murre where perched on the rocks making all kinds of noises, and the whiches broom flowers where in full bloom brightening up the foggy evening.
 |
| Add caption |
After walking around the light house we drove to Walmart so I could pick up a swimsuit. In the hussle and bussle of packing all three kids and cleaning the house I forgot to pack my swimsuit. Minor details. I found some incredible comfy shorts for 3.00 and a new bikini top picked out my James.
We then went back to the Hotel and enjoyed a somewhat warm soak in a dirty hot tub and then a wild swim party in the pool. James pretend to drown while Jason, Vangie and I practiced our lifesaving skills. I was the only one not certified as a life guard and according to James would have done some serious damage to a spinal cord injury while trying to save him from drowning. So please no one jump off a cliff into shallow waters while i'm the only one around.
We ended our night soaking in a very warm bath tub with some delicious dark chocolate and happy to be in a bed without a toddler in it.
Weekend gateways are GREAT.
To Be Continued........
1 comment:
That sounds absolutely amazing. Child free time is so good and it really recharges you and makes you appreciate your kids in a whole new light. Also, I love all the photos!
Post a Comment