Sunday, August 30, 2015

Nisqually Bird Refuge, the beginning of the school year and more

Last week the weather changed, and all of a sudden I got the urge to start school. I still have a few more things to do to get ready, ex: type of up the daily and weekly schedule, finalize what extra activity each child will do, (we have so many choices it's hard to to decide: swimming, Gymnastics, ballet, YMCA, Piano.  No wonder the choice is hard I want my kids to experience all of this, but I don't want to overload our family schedule), take back to school pictures and prepare an evening for back to school blessing from Papa.  

While I was worrying about when to start school, the kids decided it was time.  

Last week both girls got up ate breakfast and started in on their workbooks.  

All three kids were sprawled out on the floor coloring books and workbooks covered the floor.  I hesitated taking a picture since the floor was so messy but now I wish I had captured the moment.  It was a fun site to see.  

I love sitting back and watching them learn.

On Thursday we decided to participate in a Hike it Baby Tacoma hike, but the kids weren't really ready to be socializing so we left the group and explored on our own, which turned to be way better.  

The hike turned into a fashion show runway so we stopped and took pictures
Grace dancing on the runway
Gwenevere's runway debut 

 Gwenevere lead the way, marching to her own drum while Everett and I stopped to look at every single detail along the way.


Grace was very tired and ready to go home but she hung in there and helped us search for all the animals.





Saturday Gwenevere spent over 2 hours working in her workbook just for fun.

The three kids enjoyed helping Papa assemble a new trailer for our car.


discussing the fact that Papa concentration face looks like he's mad.  



The bath tub these days is usually very crowded so when i walked by to see Grace and Everett playing in their own space I had to take a picture.  Grace is showing Everett how to use a straw to make spit fly.  gross.  no wonder he's on the other side of the tub.

This is where my kids hang out while I workout at the church.  Gwenevere picked up all the cereal Everett spilt on the floor before I came to pick them up.  Awe this makes me happy.  

We made rabbit Tacos and Everett had fun tasting the cheese. 



Spinning in their new dresses while Papa works on the electrical wiring for the trailer.



Sunday morning 
 This morning Gwenevere asked Papa if she could eat Sushi for breakfast.  So that's what they did.
Practicing with the chopsticks

Her first bit

Papa had to bit it in half for her since it was a large piece of sushi 

Everett was eager to get in on the action

but quickly spat it out and wipe his mouth clean.  Not what he expected.

Grace stayed clear of the festivities as she listened to music in Everett bedroom until it was safe to come out.  

Once the Sushi was gone Grace helped me make waffles,  yummy

I love our family and the blessings we have,  I need to do a better job sharing my testimony and I'll begin to do so in baby steps.    God is Good.

2 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

I am so excited for school to be starting too. My kids keep asking every day. We might start a little this week but I have a bit more preparing before we officially start next week. Your kids are super adorable!

Brenley

Max and Rebecca said...

I love the runway photos and the ones of Everett eating the cheese! So much fun!