Monday, February 1, 2016

a recap of January

I feel like I totally failed documenting January so let's do a quick recap.  It was a super fun month 

Mommy and Daughter date with Grace

Daddy Daughter date eating sushi 

making Uncle Daniel's belated Christmas present/future birthday present

Hike it Baby Tacoma hikes
Swimming for family home Evening.  We did this a couple of times and the kids swimming skills improve each time we go.  

We took a break from schooling for most of December and now we're back at it, full force.  

art their favorite subject.  and my favorite to teach.  

making up puppet shows at the local library 

bowling with the Johnson family for Family home Evening
 

trip to the Tacoma children's museum.  Riding the link



a quick trip to Portland to pick up my camera and go to the Portland Zoo for the first time.  It rained buckets of rain. 

Field trip to the Olympia Children's museum with the Box family.  Playing midwifes in the Nursery 


hair cuts

thank you Jill.  You are amazing.  Look at the beautiful floor

after


I've wanted to cut Grace's hair for a few months but wanted her to want to do it too.  the day after we got back from Portland Grace said she wanted to cut her hair.  I didn't wait a minute before calling Jill to see if we could do it right now.  LOL  I didn't want Grace to change her mind.  

I figured since Jill will be moving next month we needed to get Everett's hair cut too.  


Gwenevere had a birthday party
Finishing off the birthday cake for breakfast

Gwenevere lost her first tooth the 2 hours before her 7th birthday

Gwenevere's Tooth Fairy

New friends:  Lindsay came over for her first playdate.  
Gwenevere practicing her spelling by texting Grandma Sharolee ALL day long

Everett putting himself to bed

Rock climbing after Swimming

attended my first tacoma City planning meeting.

Participated in a fitness group for the entire month and LOVED it.

Sunday afternoon walk all by myself.

Playing at the park in the rain

finding warms and building a warm casttle

Papa is reading Harry Potter to the girls

These two like to do everything together 

attended a friend's Birthday party at Pump it up



Grace loves to breakdance
Gwenevere doing a photoshoot with her doll and Dolly's new dress.  A birthday present from Adelaide



Everett playing with 2 Percys 

We started potty training.  I mopped the for 5 times today.  It's not going well.  But I have hope.  


James started refinishing his chair.  






Gwenevere bought Kiki and Finn a new toy

These two have become quite close this past month

Grace's drawing are improving every day and She learned to write and spell her name.  YIPPEE

Gwenevere pretending to be Papa's doctor.  I think she takes good care of him.  

counting money.  their favorite math work


Sunlit Mornings co-op beach walk 

these two are becoming close friends.  Today during school they sat and drew pictures together while everyone else ran wild through the house.  

Everett started attending the Friday Co-op  gatherings.  I now have 2.5 hours by myself every Friday.  


Papa brought home guests for dinner

I've been called into Nursery.  I love watching Everett learn.  
Everett and his two best friends:  Lincoln and Trevor

afternoon bike rides to get outside





started documenting James' root bottle collections

James went snowcaving


This is how I put three kids to bed by myself.  it was 10pm, too.  

another trip to the Tacoma Children's Museum with friends


I love this picture of Gwenevere







Hello Cupcake treats after the museum.  

Now I think I know why I didn't have time to blog in January.


1 comment:

rob said...

Little slices of life that don't seem like much now but will mean so much when they are grown. Good Job Elizabeth.