I look forward to 2017 and can't wait to begin anew. new goals, new challenges, new adventures.
We spent New Year's Eve as a family. Grandma Thomas was in town helping Gwenevere make a baptism dress. Saturday morning James made breakfast and then went to go workout. Grandma Thomas and I took the kids to the dollar theater and watched Trolls. Which was cuter than I had expected. We ate lots of popcorn and had a fun time.
Then we went to walmart and joann's fabric to pick up a few more items needed for the baptism dress.
When we came home james had gone grocery shopping and had lunch ready. We ate a late lunch and hung out watching movies and putting together a puzzle.
Then James made a yummy dinner of hum and salad. After dinner we continued watching movies and putting together a puzzle. around 10pm we decided it was time for fireworks. Gwenevere is so smart. She remember we had fireworks and where we put them so of course we had to light fireworks. Grace wouldn't touch the fireworks but enjoyed watching. Everett enjoyed touching the fireworks and telling us they where hot. He did it several times.
| I love her smile |
after fireworks. Grandma thomas went to bed. She had a 5am flight the next morning and needed some sleep. The kids where doing well so we told them they could stay up.
We watched Cave of the yellow dog. A mongolian movie with subsites. James and i took turns reading the substitutes out loud and the kids loved the movie. hurray for culture.
Today for school the kids wrote down a few goals for the new year.
Elizabeth
Books I want to Read
*Anything Waldorf
*anything from Kathleen Fuller
*Howl's Moving Castle
Field trips or places I'd like to go
*Yosemite
*Alaska
*Disneyland or California Coast
*Visit Luke and Jenn
Things I want to Learn
*new photography techniques
Things I want to work on
*Budgeting
*Cleaning
*Scripture reading
* attending the temple once a month
Gwenevere:
Books I want to Read
*Harry Potter and the Curse Child
Field trips or places I'l like to go
*Grandma Thomas' house
*Humane Society
* the Theater
Things I want to learn
*How to care for a puppy
*how much a money I need to buy a puppy
Things to work on
*earning money for a puppy
*gymnastics
* school
Grace
Books I want to Read (grace brought over a huge pile of books and we wrote down all the titles)
*A big treasure of little animals
*On the moon
*How Deep is the Sea
*A tale of two Beasts
* Warthogs in the kitchen
*Nibbles
*Anne of Green Gables
Field trips or places I'd like to go
*Tulip Field
* Pumpkin Patch
* A new zoo
* Grandma thomas' zoo
* Portland Zoo
Things I want to learn
*how dogs have babies
*Outer Space
* Santa
Things I'd like to work on
* Earn money for a puppy
Everett
Books I want to read
*Nibbles
* lots of books
Field trips or places I'd like to visit
*Pumpkin Patch
*Theater (he was very excited that he thought of theater first)
Things I want to learn
*NOTHING
Things I want to work on
*getting dress by myself
I'm excited for all the new possibilities. James' work will be taking a new direction come 2018 and this will be the year we prepare for those changes. It's a little unnerving not knowing what the future will bring. We hope and pray that we'll be able to make 2017 a great year in preparation of things to come.
1 comment:
Did I understand that James made every meal on New Years Eve? Good Man! We are so excited to see you guys today and it sounds like you have some great goals, and that you will be getting a puppy soon!
Post a Comment