Thursday morning I got a text from my sister Laura. She was in town for business and had a few hours Friday morning. She invited me to go to the temple. Since I have this unofficial goal to attend the temple once a month I was super stoked. There was just one little hiccup.
Remember a few weeks ago I wrote about my temple recommend interview. We'll I had been trying since then to get a stake interview but it wasn't working. Finally I was able to schedule an interview for March 5, (that's tomorrow).
Here I had the perfect oppurtunity to attend the temple. James would be home to watch the kids and I could go to the temple. If only I had an active recommend. My recommend had been expired for 2 days and I was already missing the blessing. Determined to try my hardest I texted the stake scheduler and explained my situation. Then I loaded my kids in the car and drove to my religion class.
The class subject was Christ's baptism. We read Matthew 3:15 "for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness" and discussed what it meant to fulfil all righteousness. We talked about fulfilling callings and doing the Lord's will even when it's inconvient.
I totally spaced the text that I sent out earlier as the day went on. We went to the zoo with friends then went grocery shopping. Around 4pm I got a call from the stake scheduler. Two of the presidency were out of town and the one works nights but could take he dinner with him and stop by the stake center to interview be real quick before he went to work. So excited for this oppurtunity I called James. He was able to get off work aboit early so I could go to the interview.
When I reached the stake center that evening I had a strong impression to tell the stake presidency how he was an example of fulfilling all righteousness.
I went in to be interviewed and was visiting with the guy before the interview, when he showered me and my family with praises and blessing. It was truly a humbling experience where I felt my Savior's love for me.
Because of this mans righteous desires to do the Lord's will I recieved my temple recommend, felt my Savior's love for me and witnessed the sacrifice he made to fulfill all righteousness.
I failed to tell him my impressions and left the meeting not wanting to take up more of his time.
As I was driving home I got another call from the stake scheduler. He said there was a slight problem with my recommend.
Apparently my bishopric put James'recommend number on my new recommend. Hehehehe
The scheduler said he could active my recommend for the weekend but I'd need to get a new one onSunday.
Friday morning I woke up. Hugged James goodbye and headed to the temple excited to see Laura.
We visited for an hour and then went for a session. The morning was perfect. And all things worked out for the good.
I can't end this post without pointing out how incredibly supportive James is throughout everything. He came home early from work, took them out on a daddy date, then the next day took are of the and got them to their cookie sales. He stayed with us while we sold cookies and helped Grace have courage to talk to people as we sold cookies. James is the best. He fulfills all righteousness and is a great example to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment