As June started to come to an end it was time for James to start working in Eugene. We found an AirBnB that he could rent for the week.
| playing with papa's beard before he left for his first week of work. We missed him while he was gone. |
The first few days at his job where smooth and easy. He reported happily that this was going to be a good fit for him. YAY!
While James was working I was busy packing. Overwhelmed by all that still needed to be done we changed our plans a bit.
| Grace got a haircut |
| And Gwenevere too |
| long and beautiful. |
James' work offered to give James some more time off to help. With the extra few days. James took the train back up to Tacoma and helped me finish packing.
Grandma Sharolee and Grandpa Don came too. We packed, we cleaned, and we played.
| Picking up Papa |
| Lots of hugs |
| Cleaning the fishtank for Grandma Sharolee to take. She fish-sat for us until we could move. |
| Mommy Son Date |
| Last time playing in the yard with sprinklers |
| Everett: "I have water in my eyes." |
The night before we got our moving truck I woke up in a complete panic. Tomorrow we would be picking up our moving truck, James will load up all our belongings except for our camping supplies and then he would leave for Eugene the next day. I would spend the next few days alone in our empty house with my kids until we where to go camping. I felt like our lives where falling apart.
We had put an offer on a house in Eugene and they had accepted our offer but we hadn't heard back from the inspection or the appraisal. Things where still so up in the air yet everything familiar was coming to an end. I wanted James to stay with us more then anything at the moment. But he was needed in Eugene.
James must of sensed my worry because he woke up shortly after I had. I took a minute to explain my fears and let the tears roll down my cheeks while James wrapped his arms around my shoulder and listened. Since we where sleeping on air mattresses in our family room all together with the kids we decided to move our conversation into our empty bedroom so not to wake the kids.
It was there, in our bedroom, where James gave me a blessing. with encouragement I was blessed that I would enjoy this time with my children and that I would feel comforted in the unknown.
Immediately sleep came and the rest of the night was peaceful.
The next morning we woke up early to pick up our u-haul.
Driving back home with the Mt. Rainier in view was a moment I'll never forget. So many feelings. Wonderful feelings, Feelings of gratitude for being able to live in this area, to have the friends we have experienced life here.
We dropped off the Uhaul and joyed our ward family for a 4th of July Breakfast. YUMMY! Then we invited others to come back and help us load up our truck. We had a great turnout. Thank you DashPoint Ward. The house was fully packed within an hour and a half. Popcicles had been eaten and everyone was tired.
| this is how Everett cops with moving day. |
after we loaded up the truck the kids helped me do some cleaning and then we went swimming at our local community center for the last time. after swimming we where hungry so we went out to eat for the last time. Yummy Roman.
| and we splurged and got dessert |
The next day James took off with the U Haul. a few sisters from our ward came and helped me clean.
Earlier in June Gwenevere asked if she could go to camp this summer. She's participated in some kind of summer camp the past few years. With the move I didn't think it was possible. But the week before we moved I got an ad on my facebook page about a summer art camp where they would be making their own skateboards. The camp was half price and was the last week we'd be in Tacoma. I signed her up and told her the next morning we'd get to do summer camp. She was so excited. And the camp was perfect. It gave her something to do while the house was bare.
No comments:
Post a Comment