After a fun birthday weekend we started the week with more birthday celebrations. Gwenevere received a gift card to build a bear and she was so excited to use it. After James got home from work we went to the mall. Gwenevere picked out a build a kitten. of course. She used birthday money from all her grandparents. I think it's a pretty special stuffy she has now.
Then we wonder to Justice because we could. Gwenevere got some overalls. and i'm in love.
James and Everett found the play area and I found a local toy store in the mall before we went home.
Tuesday morning cohort was canceled because of Parent teacher conferences. So we took the kids to conferences and then went and explored Elijah Bristow State park. We saw horses! the tails were beautiful as they ran along the river. We saw a notice of cougar sighting. the notice was from July but the kids where on high alert for cougars.
When we where about to leave we noticed a dog park. This got me all excited. Hank likes to come with us to cohort but he usually spends 3 hours in the car. Now Everett and I can take Hank to a dog park because it's just a few minutes away from cohort.
After a long weekend. it was nice to have James home for two more days. (Tuesday-Wednesday)
| I love how everyone looks happy in this pictures. hahahhaha |
On Wednesday James showed Gwenevere had to make a leather leash for her new kitty.
Edgar helped Grace with her math. |
| Morning facetime selfies while I wake up and feed Edgar. |
Thursday we invited our friend over to come play. We had a brunch tea party and had a lot of fun. After lunch we took Bea home and then drove to Cottage Grove to visit Amber and Girls. I didn't take pictures again boo but I just love Amber so much. It's nice to have a friend in the area.
| tea party time |
Friday was a great day. The kids and I went on a school field trip to the Aviation and Space Museum in Mcminnville OR. wow. there is so much stuff to learn at the Aviation and Space Museum I can't wait to go back.
Gwenevere's favorite part was EVERYTHING! Something she learned was that it takes about 300 days to get to Mars.
Grace's favorite part was the Spruce Goose. She learned that the spruce Goose isn't made out of spruce wood but out of birch wood.
Everett's favorite part of the space museum was taking pictures for Papa and the first commercial airline plane we got to go inside.
| Catlyn and Gwenevere "We Can Do it" |
James installed a mirror and our wall chart. We measured all the kiddos since they all had birthdays. Even Edgar.
James installed our second nest box on the chicken coop. We have 4 chickens laying eggs now. hurray!
Speaking of Chickens. While we where away on our field trip a couple of chickens jumped the fence. Sunny, isn't a very smart chicken and she became a chew toy for our neighbor's dog. BUT she lived. James and Gwenevere spent a few days doctoring her back to health. They spilled the medicine on our counter and now we have a purple counter. I don't mind the color. I like to story.
| Everett likes to call Edgar "Little Buddy" |
| I love sleeping with my boys. |
Tuesday we decided to celebrate Papa by going to the guitar store together. and Wednesday we decided to celebrate again with more brownies and another present. This time we gave Papa a new pair of overalls.
Thursday the kids and I took a walk to the park. It's been warm and sunny. Hurray. on our way home we found Kiki our long lost cat. She followed us home and we're enjoying her company not sure how long she'll stay with us.
Everett found a four leaf clover just before we found Kiki. I think it was a lucky four leaf clover.
James came home from work, and then left for Portland. He is on his way to visit his Brother Austin in California.
Gwenevere has been less than helpful with school work lately. I think it's the mid winter blues, dreaming of summer and vacations. But she is persisting. proof that we lived through today's math lesson.
1 comment:
I love the photo of Edgar studying with Grace and everyone helping Edgar get measured on the wall. Also, I have yet to go to the aviation museum, we even had some free passes we never used, but it looks so fun and more kid friendly than I thought. I hope we go soon. What exciting adventures! And I love the top of your blog!
Post a Comment