Monday, May 27, 2019

May Memories

We made it back from Idaho Falls just in time to see our butterflies emerge from their chrysalis.  James took the kids to cohort while I unpacked.  Then I drove to Everett to preschool.  Gwenevere came home from cohort with treasures.  she had won the classroom raffle for the easel and a newton's cradle.  The girl's spent the afternoon painting and enjoying the outdoors.  



Wednesday I had an ortho appointment in Tacoma.  booooooo.  James tooked the kids to walmart and purchased some kid kayaks.  they spent the day playing at the lake.  



When I got home from Tacoma James mentioned that Will would be in the area hiking South Sisters.  I asked James if he wanted to join Will in the hike and without hesitation James said YES.  So Thursday morning Will and James took off to Sisters.   


They had a fun adventure that ended up with a few hiccups but was still a fun adventure.  The road to the trail head was closed so they started their hike 5 miles back.  by 8 pm they still hadn't summited.  James knew Will could go a lot fastest so James turned back while Will continued.  Around 10pm James found a guy wondering the road totally high and had just been in a car crash.  Will met up with them shortly and ran ahead to see the crash and call 911.  It's a miracle the guy lived from the crash and even more amazing that he wasn't hurt.  

The guys arrived home around 4 am exhausted.  James was suppose to work the weekend starting friday but he called in sick for friday so we got some extra papa time.  YAY.


Papa helping with school
 Saturday we saved Hank, cleaned the house and putted around.  Saturday night we went to the lake to kayak some more.  A new favorite family outing.









Sunday was Mother's day,  Everett and I finished reading Indian in the cupboard.  
Church was a mess.  Everett was all over the place but we managed.  

When James got home I picked up a play out for the backyard. 

My Mother's day was like every other day and that's okay by me.  I love my life just as it is. 









Monday we released our butterflies.  I babysat a friend's kids and James played the base to keep the babies happy.


The rest of the week I was packing and cleaning to go off on our next adventure.  Max and Rebecca celebrated their 10 year anniversary in Costa Rica while I got to watch their boys.  That will be a post of it's own.  

we returned Friday just in time for cohort parent teacher conferences and a music concert.  

We enjoyed a blusty picnic at the lake in between conferences and the concert.  

I loved listening to Gwenevere perform.  





it's been a good month.

No comments: