Sunday, January 8, 2023

Grace Goes to the Temple






​Yesterday Grace and I went to the temple to do family baptisms with our ward youth.  It was Grace’s first time and I am humbly honored to have witnessed it.  


Our ward isn’t the most organized and when they planned a youth temple trip the very first weekend of January I figured they’d also be setting up temple recommend interviews too,  but no.  🤪. It was so frustrating and I wasn’t going to try to go since it felt like the youth program wasn’t going to be much help but at the last minute I messaged our ward secretary who contacted the bishop and he gracefully agreed to interview Grace 30 minutes before the departure time.  


I felt bad putting Grace on the spot and with such short time to prepare.  But she read through the questions and got dressed and away we went.  While she was reading the temple recommend questions I got in family search and printed out four family names.  


We invited Gwenevere to Tag along with us and away we went to Portland.  


Gwenevere stayed in the car since she wasn’t feeling good.


Grace followed instructions asked questions and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  She was one of the last to be baptized.  


When we came out of the temple Grace immediately said “I wouldn’t say it was fun, but I liked it.”  We took a few pictures and then rushed to the car to meet up with Gwenevere.  We drove to ikea and dinner and spent and hour planning and dreaming of a kitchen remodel and a game plan to convert the school room into a spare bedroom.  


In our way home we picked up milkshakes and pretzels at sonic (Gwenevere’s favorite) and arrived home tired at around 10pm.  


I hope to never forget the sweet moments in the temple watching Grace so beautifully demonstrate her testimony as she participated in the gathering of Israel.  


For our family records I wish to record the names of our family members Grace stood in proxy for.


Gertrude Fagg

Ida Fagg

Margaret Clifford Moore

Ella Snider







No comments: