A while back I found this cute Owl online and just had to try and make one for myself. I searched online for an owl ornament pattern but I just couldn't find one as cute as this. So I decided to make my own. It took several weeks to get it just right but I think I made a pattern that does the job.
Gwenevere and I have been hard at work making Owls for all her friends. On Sunday the the stake counselor said he had an crossed stitched owl family by his front door with the saying "There's always room for one more". So I went home and decided to make some more.
Moving on.
A good friend once said "
I think there's a special joy only known by those who make things when you find the perfect materials for a gift you're making."
It's so true. During Thanksgiving brake Sharolee (James' mom) helped me copy a pattern for a child's apron she had made. I went home excited to make Gwenevere an apron but not sure where I was going to find the fabric to make it. Then the other day, I was digging in my fabric box trying to find something when I pulled out a plastic bag gently folded. Inside the bag was some Hawaiian print fabric I had bought in Hawaii before moving. I was so excited. I had found the perfect material for the apron. Needless to say, that day didn't end until the apron was complete.
I love my little girl.
3 comments:
Paisley wears her apron every day from Gwenevere! And the fabric is just perfect for our little Hawaiian girls!
And our little owl is surprisingly still on our tree!
Thanks so much for thinking of us!
Those are wise words... ;-)
Awesome job on the owls and apron- you've been busy!
Hope she's feeling better soon. Sick kiddos are so sad to see.
Like I said earlier you are like your Mom in that you can always make sewing projects turn out. (I am still signed into my computer under Mom's name. That is why these post are coming under her neme.
Post a Comment