Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sumertime fun

We're trying to keep ourselves busy this summer in hopes that baby sister's arrival will be here soon.  With James doing his internship and having the apartment complex with two openings, it hasn't been hard to stay busy.  But when we get the chance we like to stay busy doing super fun things together.

On Tuesday,  Gwenevere and I made a picnic dinner and walked to the Library where we met up with Papa as he was riding home from work.  We looked at books, ate dinner and played in the water fountains at the Library.


On Wednesday I went to the temple, had a prenatal appointment, and stopped by a friends house for a short visit.  Gwenevere spend the day at her friends house.  She had so much fun.  When we came home I started a movie for Gwenevere so I could start some dinner.  A few minutes later I found Gwenevere fast asleep in Baby sister's bath tub.

 
Two weeks ago my sister Grace, who is serving a mission in Florida, sent home a picture of her next to a peacock.   So today Gwenevere and I decided to go to the zoo and take a picture next to the friendly peacocks that live there.  I think we had some success.




  besides chasing the peacocks, we enjoyed some animal crackers and watching the Elephants, watching the scuba divers clean and shark tank, pushing all the "scoop on poop" exhibit questionnaire buttons, looking at an Argentinian lizard, and of course, riding the carousel.  





After the zoo we met up with Papa for a picnic lunch at his work.  It was fun to sit in the sun at eat tomatoes and sandwiches and giggle non stop as Papa and Gwenevere played with each other.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring, Hopefully it will bring some motivation to clean the house and get ready for a fun filled weekend.   But than again if it's sunny, we might just skip the cleaning part and start the fun filled weekend early.  

5 comments:

Dalynn said...

We've skipped the cleaning part all week in order to be out of the house playing. It is totally worth it.

Rachael said...

Love your posts, love the pics. I'm so amazed at all you do while pregnant!

Chris is home now! Hooray! If you wanted to bring the blanket over here, I'm sure he'd wrangle kiddos while we worked!

NelsonFam said...

I love seeing pictures from your place. It is such a beautiful area to live.

We are busy finishing up hairbows for your girls. I hope to get them in the mail before we leave town next weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love how she just made her own little bed in the baby bath. She is so smart. Its always nice to have family time and you guys seem great at making sure you have plenty! I hope baby sister comes soon to, can't wait to see pictures of her!

The Boxs said...

Fun Pictures! Gwevevere is so cute, I love that girl.