Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Oh how he's always right
Funny Story.
So for the past months I've been begging James to start applying for jobs. I figured it's going to take a while for him to get a job lined up and start working, and I'm so ready to be done working for a period of time. Well, I've been stressing and worrying not knowing what was going to happen. James on the other hand has been super relaxed and almost excited for a nice long summer brake before starting a job.
James would spend hours on the computer looking up jobs, and the area around. He found several jobs that looked interesting and it killed me that he would look and look and look but never apply. I begged him to apply to anything. I didn't care where we'd be living as long as James would be working. He looked a jobs in Hawaii, South Dakota, Arizona, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, Oregon and of course right here in Washington. I was getting frustrated and was to the point I wanted to start applying to jobs for him. Lol. But I knew he had to do it. So I tried even harder to have the patients to endure another summer of work.
On Thursday April 26th James and where driving in the car on our way down to Portland. I was once again trying to encourage James to start applying to other jobs, since the one job he wanted to apply to first was giving him the run around for the last two months. I told him that he wasn't going to get a job unless he applies. It's that simple, if he wants a job he has to start applying to jobs. Finally James just looked at me and said "you know what? I don't think the right job has come available yet,I guess that's why I haven't worried about applying anywhere." That is all that I needed to hear. I knew he was right. I wasn't happy with the answer but I knew he was right, I need to be patient. When I thought I couldn't be patient any longer I somehow gathered enough patients to make it a little longer.
Even though I wished will all my heart he would just apply somewhere I knew he had it under control.
Now on Friday April 27th a day after our conversation James got an e-mail from the HR department of his past internship at St. Joseph Medical Center. The e-mail read
Hi, James. I'm the Recruiter for the Therapy Administration Department. They were very pleased with your work here as a Clinical Student and asked me to contact you regarding an opportunity that has just arisen.
We have a FT position in Inpatient Rehab that will be available.
Franciscan Health Systems offers competitive salary, generous Paid Time Off, a defined benefit program, sign-on bonuses, and student loan forgiveness.
I would love to hear from you to discuss this position with you.
You can call or e-mail me; I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.
Linda
Employment Specialist
Franciscan Health Systems
We were in shock. What a cool blessing. James called Linda back, talked about some details and set up a time for an interview.
Now the lady who would interview James was the same lady who encouraged Linda to contact James. Linda pretty much said the job was James' if he wanted it.
James had his interview a few days later. It went well and he was officially offered the job. However since he was still a student at the time of his interview they decided it would be easier to do the hiring after graduation. (hence the reason James didn't want me to blog about it until after graduation.)
On Monday, the day after Graduation James set up a time to fill out paper work to get everything in order to start his job. We're waiting for his temporary licence to come and then he can start working. We're hoping he'll get to start the last week in May.
We have been blessed. And I can't end this story without saying I know the Lord has a plan for our family. It is clear He put us here in Tacoma where we would grow strong in His gospel. I know He loves James and wants him to be happy. We must work hard and do all that we can, but the Lord will provide if we just believe. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ it is simply beautiful.
And to end this story I will just say this. James was right. And apparently you can get a job without applying to one. Hehehehehe
Pictures of Graduation to coming soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
This makes me so happy!!!!
Congratulations to James!!! That is such great news!!
That is so great Elizabeth! I am so excited for you! You guys are so blessed!
This is great! Congratulations! I'm glad everything worked out so well for you and your family.
Wonderful! Congratulations to James. I'm so happy for your family.
I've been waiting for this post. Congratulations to all of you! Can't wait to see more graduation pictures.
Post a Comment