Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Home Videos (Christmas Morning)

We arrived home around midnight.  Put the girls to bed and got to work getting Christmas ready.






James grew up with the tradition of waking up Christmas morning and waiting for his Mom and Dad to tell them they can come see what Santa brought.  This way his parents have time to start a fire and turn on Christmas music before they opened presents.  We've decided to continue this fun tradition.  So on Christmas morning James started a fire and turned on Christmas music while I changed Grace's diaper.  When it was time I went into the living room to record the girl's reactions. 
  

First response on Christmas Morning

When we would ask Gwenevere what she wanted Santa to bring her she would say "A kitten in a purse."  Santa also found the rocking chair at a garage sale for 3 dollars and misses Claus found a great deal online for the camera.  But i love the fact the Gwenevere went for her kitty.  It was her favorite toy.


Grace opening Grandmas Sharolee's gift


Gwenevere opening Grandma Sharolee's gift
after opening the barbie doll we took a break from opening up gifts to play with our new toys and eat some breakfast.


Grace opening up Grandma and Grandpa Thomas' gift.

\

Gwenevere opening up Grandma and Grandpa Thomas' gift.


Opening up Grandpa Roemhildt's gift



Playing with her toy




5 comments:

rob said...

Thank you from not groaning about the gift certificates, it was fun seeing the kids open the presents.

Dan Thomas said...

I am glad you had such a fun ChristmA.

Jenni said...

Haha I love how Grace runs straight to you like you are her christmas gift! :) hee hee Cute!

Max and Rebecca said...

These are wonderful videos. I love how Gwenevere is so happy and positive about everything. She is even happy for her little sister to get such cool gifts!

Sharla said...

I love the idea of putting on Christmas music while opening presents. I will have to remember that for next year.