Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Homesteading

I feel like September and now October is getting the better of me.  We've been up to so much I can't keep up with the blog posts.  So here is a combine post of all the homesteading projects we've been up to lately.  

Helping Papa get lumber for the rabbit hutch


Working on the hutch
Everett hammering with Papa
Painting the rabbit hutch
Rabbit hutch almost done
Rabbit hutch complete
Baby Bunnies for the new home

Playing in the garden
Watering the blue berry bushes

Everett helping me till the flower bed, moving the bulbs so we can plant strawberries here next year.
Picking Sunflowers

October harvest from the garden.  Next year our chickens are going to love eating the sun flower seeds

Getting ready to can tomatoes from the garden

First time canning as a couple, yummy tomatoes


Collecting Honey from the hives

three happy honey tasting helpers



Before added dirt

Leveling the dirt


Added 15 cubic yards of soil to the back yard, Planted a few fruit trees along with grass and clover.
Making Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oh I almost forgot to mention.  James installed a new dishwasher.  And we had our ductless Heat pump installed today.  Next week we're getting new windows.  exciting times.

I'm sure I'm missing something.  But we're trying hard to make homesteading a second full time job for Papa.  Counting down the days til he can retire and play in the yard everyday.  

1 comment:

Baertlein said...

So exciting! We want chickens, but I have to research more since the winter here spends most of the time at freezing or below. I love that you have HONEY. Brent has talked about bees, but I am pretty scared of them. The fruit trees will be perfect.