Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Las Vegas the party continues

After the race I realized we where about 10 minutes away from the hoover dam.  And since I'd never been and don't know when I'll ever go again, I convinced the group to a trip to see the site.  When we got there we realized we'd have to pay 10.00 for parking so we drove across the dam and counted how many times we could say dam while there.  It was pretty funny.  Flash backs to the movie Fools Rush In flooded my mind and we sang the song to celebrate the occasion.  

Hoover Dam  (Arizona side)


 After our rendezvous at the Hoover Dam we drove back to Vegas and where ready to eat some major calories.  In-N-Out was suggested and since I had never been there before it was readily agreed upon.


First bite of IN-N-OUT
 After filling our stomachs we went back to the resort to shower, soak in the hot-tub and rest.  When we all felt recharged we made our way to the Strip to bask in the crazy and enjoy the water show. Going by the Bellagio made me want to watch Oceans Eleven.  I guess it was a movie themed weekend.  ‬ 

 



About the time our feet where really sore we found a cute little Pizza Cafe where we decided to have dinner.  Next to the cafe was a crepe stand and Grace was excited to have one.  Little did we know it would take them 15 minutes to make a crepe because the chief was using the rest room when she made her order.  with 5 minutes to spare we raced back across the Strip to catch the shuttle back to the resort.  It was funny to watch as we all limp ran through the streets.

We missed the bus and the next one didn't come for an hour and a half.  All exhausted we sat there thinking while we watched 3 rats run back and forth between two casinos.  That's when we realized we didn't want to just hang round for another 1.5 hours.  Laura did some researched and we found a cab that could take us back to the resort.  Yippee!!  It was a fun night out.


When we got back to the resort, husbands where called and pjs put on.  Then we call feel asleep happy half marathon runners/Vegas Tourists.

The next morning we woke up, barely able to  move.  LOL that's when the real fun begins.  Thankfully Laura in her wisdom brought a yoga roller and we all took turns rolling out ache-y muscles.  We listened to the Relief Society Broad cast and soaked in the hot-tub some more.  Grace had to catch a plane early that morning so we missed her the last part of the party.

It was a fun vacation.

1 comment:

Dan Thomas said...

I hear you all voted not to go to the women meeting! I thought Mother did not let her girls vote!