We are the Happy Hippies
and this is a glimpse of our life
Sunday, June 14, 2015
Imagination Lives in You (2015 ballet Recital)
We've had a busy ballet week. And I'm so excited to show you.
Here are the girls ballet pictures.
Grace didn't want her picture taken, but when Gwenevere offered to stand with her she felt comfortable to have her picture taken. These two sisters are best friends. I'm so glad they came that way.
Gwenevere had several poses planned but when it was time for pictures she forgot what pose she wanted to do and just did the pose they told her to do. when we got the pictures back Gwenevere said "oh I look silly."
On Wednesday the girls had their dress rehearsal and I got to help.
Grace loved watching the dress rehearsal
On Thursday the girls had their first performance. Our neighbor did Grace's hair and watched Everett for me. We got there nice and early so we had time to take a few pictures before I had to drop the girls off back stage.
Gwenevere wanted to bring her toy cat
back stage with Colin
My friend Amara brought her daughter to the show it was so nice to have support from friends. I was able to sit with them after ushering.
Grace trying to look at the audience
Being Waves
I figured out the recording setting half way through their performance. So cute
Thursday's Night performance
the finale
The girls with their friend Ellah who came to see their show
The girls where to excited before the ballet to eat much of their dinner and they are not allowed to eat once they are in costume so after the show they where both famished. We went to McDonald's and had some ice cream and french fries before going home.
For Friday night's performance Papa was able to meet us there and watch the performance. Thanks Esther for babysitting Everett for us.
Running with excitement to the theater
Stopping to bunch a balloon.
Since the lighting outside was perfect I decided to do their makeup outside before checking them in.
make up is not my talent.
Playing Peek a boo with Papa while I do Gwenevere's make up
When it was time for me to take the girls back stage Grace asked if she could watch the show. I told her she had to go back stage, she was kinda disappointment. The whole show was amazing so I don't blame her. I'm making a mental note to try and take Grace to more live performances. She loves the atmosphere.
James was in charge of the camera tonight and he did a excellent job filming the girl's performance.
Friday night's performance from the beginning
the Finale
the finale
After the show I grabbed Grace and Gwenevere as fast as I could from back stage and we went outside to meet our friends who came to the show. I was really sad no family was coming to their performance this year, but the day I found out no family would be coming was the day I got three text messages from three different friends saying they wanted to come to the show. I felt so loved by our family of friends. Thank you everyone who came, it wasn't cheap.
I love my little girls and thankfully right before we decided to leave I remember I hadn't got a picture with them. So we quickly took some pictures and then headed to Jack in the Box for more ice cream.
Kambria even brought flowers for the girls
The Day family here to represent
I missed getting pictures with Ellanora and her Dad Levi but wanted to make sure I remembered them in our blog.
Thank you to all who supported the girls near and far. It's fun to watch them develop their talents and grow in confidence and grace.
2 comments:
They are adorable... What fun! So much better than when I was in ballet at that age.
Oh they are the cutest. We loved watching the videos and your photos are excellent!
Post a Comment