Thursday, September 10, 2015

Our life through pictures

 Life just keeps going and going.  I can't even begin to pretend to catch up I can't even remember what happened last week.  So I'll let my pictures tell the story.


Story 1:  Car Bowling
I came home from my workout to find Papa teaching the kids a new game.  It's called car bowling.  You stand up as many animals as you like and then race your car towards them and see how many you can knock down.    I'm so glad James takes the time to play with the kids.  He thinks of the best things to do with them.



Story 2: "Make and Create
 We were invited to a friends' birthday party and so I took the opportunity to craft with my girls.  We made a whale out of a pair of old jeans.


 The girls enjoyed it so much we'll be making more whales in the future.  Who wants a whale?

That same day Papa took the kids to home depot and the made a little football game.  

 Story #3 Goodbye Summer
Last Friday we had some friends come over to play, it felt like it was our last play day of summer.  Several times that day, I had to stop what I was doing and just be in the moment.  I took mental pictures of my beautiful growing children.  I stopped to feeling the warm sun on my skin as a gentle fall breeze whispered in the wind.  My soul was telling me that this was the end of chapter in my life.  That tomorrow would be a new beginning.  sadness filled me, this chapter has been so good why must it end.  But I cannot stop time nor do I wish to try so with that I took out my camera and said goodbye to my yesterdays.
Everett and Carter playing with the skateboard


Gwenevere, Grace, Kambria, Regan and Elisabeth playing together
  Story #4  Inspire not require

One thing i'm trying hard to implement in our schooling is the motto "inspire not require".  Yes their are things I require of my children, and I will not change my standards but when it come to learning I want my children to be inspired to gain an education.  Monday evening James took time to give Gwenevere a back to school blessing.  A few days after Gwenevere's blessing I asked Gwenevere what she remembered from her blessing.  Her response:  "be curious".  I'm thankful for the inspiration Heavenly Father gives to our family.

Sunday morning coloring inspiring Everett to do the same



Story #5 Doughnuts
Sunday's cooler temperatures felt like fall, so we made doughnuts (first time with the girls.) and delivered fresh warm doughnuts to many of our neighbors.  Grace keeps asking when will we make doughnuts again.  I think we all had a lot of fun.    




 Story #6  To be big or to stay small

Lately Everett has shown some big developmental growths.  He decided he's ready to go to nursery.  His vocabulary has doubled or possibly tripled over the last month.  He loves to ride his bike and play outside with his big sisters, but every now and then he decides he wants to stay small.


Story#7 We have new bunnies



Story #8 Cousin time

Monday we got to spend the day with our Cousins Preston, Taylor and Riley.  It's fun to watch them play together so nicely in all that they do.  
Lunch

Digging in the dirt

Racing cars

playing in the hammock

dinner time
  (Stories from my camera phone)

Story #8 The Northwest Trek

We went to the Northwest Trek as a family.  Something we've tried to do three times this summer and finally made it happen.  We had so much fun we went again with friends the following week.





The wolf came right up to us

riding the tram


craft time

Tram ride take two




Story #9 Birthday money
Grace got to pick out a toy with her birthday money
Story# 10  Everett got a haircut

Evertt cried the first 5 minutes but the last 2 minutes he was happy.   7 minute miracle my Jill Johnson

  


Story #10 Everett counts

Everett loves to count numbers  usually it's 2-3  but lately his new favorite number is 8.  If you ask him how old he is he'll say "8" and try to hold up two fingers.
Everett practicing showing off his soon to be new age "2"
 Story #11  Piano lessons for Gwenevere

We decided to do some piano lessons for Gwenevere,  she'll start in a few weeks, but we're really excited to watch her learn.  I might have to start taking lessons myself.  I've always wanted to learn the piano


2 comments:

rob said...

What a nice posting, I always feel a mixture of joy and melancholy in the fall. More so than any other season.

rob

the splendid life of us... said...

I love the TJed Inspire not require, but sometimes so hard to figure out how to do that. I love the change from summer to fall, but what I don't love about it is that my kids seem to change and seem bigger about this time of year. And then I want life to slow down. So fun for G to start piano lessons. I would love to learn too.

Brenley