Thursday, October 8, 2015

Me and my Girls

Everett Sprained his shoulder.  Yeah I never knew that was possibly but apparently it is.  And it's extremely painful.  Poor guy.  Since he's in a lot of pain, and James is our favorite doctor around here.  He took the day off of work to help take care of Everett.

The girls had school today, so we said goodbye to the boys and headed out the door.

After school we dropped of some donations and went shopping at Value Village.  We ended up finding some sweet high heel church shoes for Gwenevere and a couple good books for Grace.  It's always fun to shop with my girls, and surprisingly less stressful with only two kids.
( I don't know if it's Everett or just the fact that there are three kids, but I have come to despise shopping lately.  It's just so stressful these days.)  So I was happy to enjoy our little outing.

After a good shopping spree we stopped by our friend's house the Johnson's to visit and play.  OH how I love Jill. Best family friends Ever.

A few weeks ago I got the urge to take my girls out on a date.  They got all excited and we planned to go out to eat at Applebee's for our date.  While we were driving to Jill's house it accord to me that this would be the perfect time for a girl's date since James already had Everett.  I texted James and of course he gave us the okay.

So to make things really fun we invited Jill and Chloe to join us.


Grace hiding behind us


It's so nice to feel happy to spend time with my kids.  I don't always want to be around them and after a weekend where I thought I might never enjoy their company again it's great to see how quickly my feeling toward them change.

Even after we got home I wasn't in a rush to put them to bed.  Instead I helped them brush their teeth and get pajamas on.  Then I stood next to Gwenevere's bunk bed for half an hour while I listened to her read to Grace.  Then I tucked Grace into her bed down below and laid with her until she fell asleep.


I really had a good day.  I love my little girls and it was nice to spend so much time with them.

2 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

Love feel good days like that. It has been forever since we have done dates with our kids. But on the upside we have been doing good at couple dates.
Brenley

Jill said...

SUPER FUN!