Sunday, October 8, 2017

October 1st-8th and a little bit before


While I was out running around doing co-op homeschooling with the kids James finished painting the house.  When I got back I was so surprised he was able to do it so fast.  We still have details we need to touch up but for the most part we have a green house.  

James had to work Saturday but the kids and I manage to watch both session of conference. we played clue, and colored while watching so it wasn't too reverent but I did have a chance to take notes. 
Saturday morning

Grandpa Cox sent Grace a playmobil set in the mail


It was nice to have James home for Sunday's sessions.  Grace and I made cookies in between sessions and we had a quite tea party with cookies for the afternoon session 
Sunday afternoon


James pulled out his wood working tools and Gwenevere made a wallet while James worked on a new color for Hank. 

Grace, Everett and I did 7 puzzles

After Sunday's conference session Everett was playing outside while the girls and I where putting up halloween decorations.  He dropped the hammer on his toe and got a really bad cut. 
Everett's toe
 When the tears calmed down James decided his toe was fine and no need to make a trip to urgent care.  So we got out our festive fall hats and took some fun family pictures. 






While James put the kids to bed I finished straining the honey and put them into sterilized jars.

Monday morning a package of LuLaRoe came in the mail.  Grandma Sharolee gave me a gift card for my birthday and I found a cute white skirt I wanted.  Then I had a little extra so I got Grace a new shirt and leggings. 

After doing our morning school work we took Hank on a walk to the Library.  Its been nice soaking in the last warm days of fall. 


Photo credit: Grace 



Monday night for family home evening we went bowling with the Day family.  Using up our bowling tickets we got from the library summer reading program.  It's a favorite for the kids. 


Wednesday we invited the neighborhood gang to come play.  Gwenevere quickly organized bike races and kept everyone entertained in the championship races. 

Thursday Everett started his first day of Preschool with my friend's mom, Candy.  Candy is a retired special ed teacher and has been babysitting her grandkids the last two school years.  This year Candy decided to host preschool at her house.  Since Everett has been fantastic at gymnastics we thought we'd give it a try.  Everett didn't want me to take his 1st day of preschool pictures so I didn't.  but I was so proud of him.  He walked right into preschool said goodbye and went to Candy for instructions.    When I asked him about preschool he said "books and circle time where boring but I liked the rest of it".


from Candy's preschool facebook page.  The kids singing the ABCs
While Everett was at preschool.  The girls and I went to my institute class.  

Then we raced home, picked up Everett from preschool, ate lunch and headed out for writing club.  

This month we wrote recipes for cryptids.  

Gwenevere even shared her recipe with the class

Gwenevere and Riley.  talking about drittens (half dragon/ half kitten) from the book upside down magic

 Thursday night (our friday)  James went to workout and then we took a family walk to see the full moon.  I left my nice camera at home but the view was pretty.  We went to our city lookout and watched the big boats load and unload with city lights aglow and James and I talked about the future.  I love late night family walks. 



James was super Dad this weekend.  I don't know how I got so lucky but he did 90% of the parenting this weekend. 

Friday I took the younger kids to my workout while James and Gwenevere ran errands to get the truck DEQed and drop off some paperwork at his work. 

Then we took the kids to Angela's house from school.  They talked about archaeologists and then got to dig in her yard looking for clues to discover a story. 

Can you guess Grace and Ava's story?  (Tangled)



Gwenevere and Everett uncovered clues to Peter pan, (an alligator, marbles, pirate patch and fair dust)
 While the kids where at Angie's house,  James and I went on a date.  We ate at Jimmy john's for the first time and took Hank to the dog park.  It was so fun to spend uninterrupted time together. 

We picked up the kids from school and then took Hank on a walk to the library.  James and Gwenevere picked out a movie and we came home and had a fun family movie night. 
Library park fun

Saturday morning I went to Yoga, then to my Relief Society paint with Pam activity.  James got the kids ready for the day and took them to home depot.  then they went to the dog park again.  He fixed light fixtures and cleaned house when they got back home. 
Everett eating breakfast. LOL

Home Depot with Papa
 When I got back home.  I wasn't feeling well.  In Fact I felt like i'd been fighting an ear infection all week.   James rubbed my head and brushed my hair till I feel asleep.  He then feed the kids dinner, put them to bed and went grocery shopping.   He got home and fixed our freezer.  It's been having issues all week.  We thought we might need to go buy a new fridge but didn't have extra money to get something new so we where both relieved he was able to fix it again and help it last a little longer. 

Sunday was a beautiful day.  We made it to church.  The kids all went to primary with no issues.  Second week in a row for Everett.  I feel like he's really doing so well.  They practiced their primary program and I went to Relief Society.  What?! 

After Church James made us lunch.  and then we went on a walk around Dash point State park and enjoyed our first geocaching experience.   







geocaching treasures 
 It's been a good week.  And i'm extra pumped to have it on the blog.  Now I hear kids calling my name as they are ready to get out of the bathtub.  Time to put some kids to bed and cuddle with my husband. 

No comments: