Monday, September 17, 2018

Happy Anniversary

After having a baby it was time to celebrate our 13th anniversary.  Very little was planned prior to baby since we had no idea how far along in recovery I'd be.  But since we are in a new area and didn't have a babysitter we had to improvise. 

My wish was to take James out on a date.  Go out to eat at some restaurant and then browse REI and a few bike shops to find winter biking clothes for James.  I wanted our anniversary to be a big THANK YOU for being so awesome while I've been recovering from birth. 

James mentioned he wished we could go camping.  ME TOO!  but the weather was a bit cooler then I felt comfortable taking Edgar camping.  (plus I was still bleeding).  So the day before our anniversary I started searching for a last minute cabin reservation.  But only found cabins available two- three hours away.  Both James and I agreed that the drive wasn't worth it.  We had just returned home from driving to Tacoma and back for my orthodontic appointment and the idea of getting in the car for that long just wasn't super exciting. 

In the end we had a relaxing morning at home.  Lori are realtor stopped by and dropped off a gift for Edgar.  Then James made us steak for lunch,  my teeth where sore from the braces adjustment so I wasn't able to chew it very well.  but the thought is what counts.  He was hoping the red meat would be good for my recovery.  (words of advice:  don't get pregnant after jaw surgery.) 

After lunch we decided we needed to DO something to celebrate.  We loaded the kids up in the car, turned on "The Adventures of Finn Caspian" podcast and started to drive.    We found ourselves at Alsea falls about 40 minutes away from our home. 

We spent a few hours just playing in the water and exploring the falls.  The kids all had fun finding crawdads, jumping from rock to rock and eating lemon clovers.  It was the perfect way to spend our anniversary. 




Everett's new dino sweeter




rock jumping

Everyone was impressed with Hanks rock jumping skills


crawdads








I still can't believe we are a family of 6 I'm not a fan of even numbers and although i'm pretty sure we're done I keep thinking we need one more to be 7.  hahahhaa

Chilling in his camp shirt

On the way home, I slept.  When we got home I ordered pizzas and James took his bike to pick them up.  While he was getting the pizza the kids and I made brownies. 

When James got home he sadly announced he needs to find a better way to carry pizza.  Squished pizza still tastes good.  We decided to watch a family movie and let the kids eat pizza and brownies in our bedroom.  They where super excited. 

I turned on Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure while James got the brownies out of the oven.  the brownies dropped on the floor but we were able to salvage enough for everybody  yay. 

overall, we had a wonderful anniversary. 



1 comment:

Max and Rebecca said...

Sounds perfect to me. Squished Pizza and floor brownies are perfect. Messy and unpredictable but still delicious...perfect symbolism for marriage!