Monday, January 14, 2019

Great helpers

This morning Grace was helping Everett make his bed.  They like to make everything into a game.  As I'm tidying up my room I overhear their conversation
Everett:  "Let's pretend we are great helpers."
Grace:  "yeah!  And we help everyone."


Last week we visited with friend from Cottage Grove.  We drove down to their beautiful house in the country and played for a few hours.  Amber has a baby just a few months younger than Edgar and a little girl almost 3 years old.  It was so much fun getting to know them better and can't wait for more playdates in the future.  We took a walk around their property.  G thoroughly enjoyed the rain puddles and earned herself a bath.  


When we got home Everett insisted that he needed a bath too.  So he rallied up the troops and invited Grace to come play.  

For math Grace is learning about weight.  So we borrowed a scale from school and had fun weighing toys.  


Friday night we had a family game night.  Papa and Everett played Mario Brothers 2, Grace played the wii and Gwenevere and I played Dragonwood.  Everett passed the first level on Mario Brothers 3 all by himself for the first time.  He was very excited for his accomplishment.  



Saturday morning was glorious.  We after breakfast we all went outside and worked in the yard.  James cut down 2 big bushes and dug out all the blackberries.  Our back little corner still needs a lot of work but it's coming. 

After a morning of fun work, Papa took the kids to get sushi while I took Edgar to a baby shower.  Gwenevere biked a total of 12 miles.  Grace road to the sushi store for a total of 5 miles.  On their way to the sushi store they stopped by a little local book store.  Everyone LOVED the book store and we hope to go back soon.    



Everett loves to the one who wakes up Edgar in the mornings. 


Edgar loves his exersaucer.  I was afraid he would be too small for it, but it turns out to be the best thing for him.  He loves sitting up and watching all his siblings roam around the house while he chews on his little leaf. 


Gwenevere turns 10 in a few days.  Sunday afternoon we where talking about her birthday plans and I just couldn't get enough of how grown up she is becoming.  I asked to take a picture of her with Papa and this is what we got.  I love her smile.  Most the time She smiles like the last picture but these are the best pictures i've gotten from her in a while. 




 Sunday night Grace decided to paint Papa's face and give him a makeover.  Papa turned down the face painting but enjoyed the beard-do Gwenevere gave him.  hahahhahahha  Then Gwenevere and Grace gave Everett and Me feet massages and we finished the night with hot cocoa and scripture study.

No comments: