Thursday, January 10, 2019

testing, Testing 1,2,3

hello Blogging world.  Are you still there?

I'm BACK!

Hurray for new beginnings.  I'm missed recording my family history here on the blog but i'm back and excited to write more this year. 

Funny fun things from today

Edgar is 4 months old.  He's chatting up a storm, sleeping through the night (sometimes), playing with toys and loves watching his siblings.  He Turned 4 months 3 days ago.  He weighs 16lbs and has one tooth barely through the gums. 


\

We got our first egg from our chickens today!  Gwenevere found a chicken nesting some plants.  We checked for eggs but there weren't any.  A few hours later she checked again and found an egg.  YAY


Gwenevere started Gymnastic yesterday.  I love seeing this girl in a leo.  She says she's sore from the workout but it feels good.  We're hoping to get her in classes twice a week.


Tuesday I ran the battery on our van dead and didn't know because the lights still turned on but the car wouldn't start.  James came to the rescue while on his lunch break.  


Monday we gathered every book in our house.  We grouped them into categories and distrubed them back to bedrooms and bookshelves around the house.  It was a big project but so fulling.  Netflex has a new TV series called Tidying Up.  and it's been very motivational.  I hope to do the garage and school rooms soon.  



While organizing books Gwenevere found our old Blog books and started reading old posts to us while we tidied.  It brought so much joy to hear her ready about 2 year old Gwenevere.  in so many ways my little 2 year old Gwenevere is the same girl she is today.  I love it.  It was listening to Gwenevere read old blog posts that got me motivated to blog again.  I don't want the memories to die because we are too busy to write them down.  I did some brainstorming with Rebecca and figured out a whole new way to blog.  Mind Blown awesomeness.  I can now upload pictures so much faster.  YAY.  Here's to blogging more often.  (i hope)


We've gotten into a new rhythm of homeschooling and I'm loving it.  For so long i've been pushing gwenevere to be more independent in her learning and it's been a frustrating battle.  Recently I've felt impressed to do all her schooling right beside her.  Now I do one on one schooling with Gwenevere while Grace does her reading to Everett.  It's a beautiful thing.   I love everything about our new setup.  


Sunday we had a special church conference.  Elder Cook came to the area and spoke.  We started our scripture journals and are hoping to stay faithful with the new church curriculum  





at Church 



1 comment:

Max and Rebecca said...

Hooray for blogging updates! I especially like getting a glimpse into how you homeschool.