Sunday, March 24, 2019

March, St. Patrick's day, Beach, Baking and deck removal

Life keeps getting faster and faster.  I find the desire to journal stronger and stronger yet the time in which to do it smaller.  So here it goes.  another picture post to make up for lost time.

I bought the kids matching Pjs.  This brings me joy and makes me feel like my kids are still young.  


We've struggled to study the scriptures with the come follow me manual so after some thoughtful prayer we returned to the book of mormon.  following President Russell M. Nelson's suggestion to highlight references of Christ as we read.  Grace LOVES reading the scriptures.  And I'm so thankful for personal inspirations to teach my family they way that works best for us at this time.  

I slept in on Sunday but when I did get up I found this.  James and the kids playing a game all ready for church.  I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for my family.  I love them with all my heart.  

Somedays Sacrament meeting is just better in the cultural hall. 

After Church is was time to go to a park and enjoy some slacklining.  

our homeschool rhythm feels good right now.  It seems like homeschooling is just like raising a child once you've got your rythemn down it's time to grow and change some more.  So I'm soaking up this blissful moment of perfection along the way. 

I can say i'm pretty excited for Spring.  I never felt like winter was too long but it's been nice to be outside playing in the sunshine again.  

Edgar is growing up.  He keeps us up most nights but is happy as can be.  

65 degrees and sunny it must be swimsuit weather.  

 napping in the hammock


It's nice that it's still sunny when James gets home from work.  

We found a snake at the archery field.  

Our ward primary did a dessert auction.  The girls made fudge and cookies.  






James worked St. Patrick's day weekend.  the weather was nice and the girls asked if they could start removing the deck.  

In just a few hours they had accomplished quite a bit.  

Edgar loves chewing on his toes

Gwenevere pushing Edgar on the Swing.  


Everett drawing three pictures at once.  

Everett drew this pictures for Gwenevere.  It's a cat with a calor.   and look at his name.  I"m so proud of this kid.  
Since James was at work on Saturday we decided to go to the coast.  



 beach selfie

We live next to a local pet store called hometown pets.  When we where in florence OR the kids say the sister store and HAD to stop by.  It was like going to Disneyland, they where so excited.  

Sunday (St. Patrick's Day) my friend sent me this irish blessing.  

My lucky leprechaun.  



 The kids made a leprechaun trap, but the sneaky leprechaun didn't get fooled.  Instead he sent the kids on a while treasure hunt.  Where they found a rainbow and some treasure. 

The best part of St. patrick's day was listening to Gwenevere tell us about St. Patrick and how he was a great missionary.  Then going to Church and listening to the Bishop ask us to pray and fast that we too can share the gospel with those around us. 

Gwenevere's art

The kid's trap.  

Playing in the rainbow rice.  

My little leprechaun.  I love Edgar with all my heart.


St. Patrick's day dinner.  Corn beef, cabbage and greens.  YUMM

Did I mention I love my little Leprechaun?  

Even Papa enjoyed the rice bin.  

Because Sunshine feels so good.  

James took the girls to cohort and Everett and I invited B to play.  

Sisters are the best of friends.

When i was at the dentist James sent me this picture.  Feeding chickens and entertaining the baby all at once.  

Gwenevere has been feeling happy again.  It's been a hard 6 months for this girl.  Moving wasn't easy but she's making new friends and starting to feel happy again.  Sweet tender mercies.  
 Saturday I took the kids to Portland and Rebecca and Max watched my kids while I attended the temple and then I watched the kids while they had a temple date.  It was awesome.
Rebecca even did a come follow me lesson with the kids.  SUPER MOM!

Edwin and Gwenevere selfie
 After our temple swap day I was able to visit a dear friend of mine Tanya Bohman and her family.  It wasn't long enough but it was so so good to see them again.  I know it's a good friendship when you heart if full just by seeing their faces in person. 

No comments: