Friday, April 5, 2019

Spring break, hikes, schooling, yard work, campfires, animals and sickies. Just to name a few

New glasses.  I took a chance and ordered classes online.  eeek.  I was a bit nervous since I have a super narrow head but I love my new frames.  Gwenevere did say they reminder her of boogers.  hahahaha  they do a booger green color to them.  We had a good laugh over her comment and I decided I still like them.  Bogie color and all.  



Because of Everett's preschool schedule we can no longer visit Papa on his lunch break.  boo.  But since it was Everett's school's spring break and the sun was shining we decided we could do it again.  YAY.  It's always so nice to meet up with James at lunch time.  We love to walk around the lawns at the hospital, explore the river and enjoy the sunshine all together. 
Grace wanted Papa to wear her easter bunny ears.  

Even with bunny ears this man is handsome.

I spy deer

 I used some of our tax return money to buy the kids some new school curriculum.  I've been wanting to buy The Good and the Beautiful Curriculum for a while but was hesitant to spend money on a religious based curriculum.  I've used religious based curriculum before and was not impressed.  But this is different.  the kids are naturally drawn to the beautiful illustrations, the language is beautiful and the structure it provides is exactly what we needed. 


We invited one of Everett's primary friends over.  We've been slow to having friends come play but it feels good to get back into the rhythm of friends.  Grace and Gwenevere really want to invite friends over and everytime we plan something someone get sicks or something comes up.  Fingures crossed we can invite their friends over next week. 


Can you believe Edgar is going to be 7 months next week.  He's becoming a more confident eater and I'm hoping to be able to leave behind baby foods soon.  in the mean time he eats 2 jars of food anytime we let him.  He loves being fed and if i'm not fast enough he screams at me in between bits.  it's annoying and funny at the same time.


This week James went to Parent teacher conferences.  (I stayed home sick with the stomach bug).   James reported back that Grace was improved in her read dramatically and is well above grade level. all other areas are one par and she is doing great in her studies. 
Grace reviewing sight words.  


I hardly go shopping around town anymore because it feels to tiring to take all my kids.  hehehehe  but last week I had the urge to pick up some odds and ends at target all four kids in tow.  As I was checking out a realized I was buying lubricant with all my kids.  hahahhaha it's good to know we have a healthy marriage. 


Last week Grace kept asking for go to the park when it was raining so no one else would be there.  hahahaha  so after shopping we found ourselves at the park all by ourselves.  it was sprinkling lightly and the few people around left.  So we had the park to ourselves.  Being close to dinner time I called up James and asked him to pick up pizzas and meet us at the park.  It was a very fun rainy warm spring day. 

taking cover from the spring shower downpour before it lightened up again

Sometimes Hank feels neglected.  Hi Hank.  




Saturday was sunny and warm.  James and I spent all day outside working on projects.  The kids helped, they cleaned animal cages and played outside.  In the evening James built a fire and we roasted hotdogs for dinner.  It was our first family roast and I'm getting excited for the future fire pit we hope to build someday. 
Little Rex. Einstein Armstrong,  our gerbil

Percy or 

We got to babysit some chicks for a week.  It was so fun to play and care for these sweet babies. 

a few days after the chick owners picked up their chicks, Everett asked where the chicks were.  I told him they went home.  He responded  "Oh i miss those chicks."  

When the kids play outside all day strange things happen.  Kiki the Queen of the Chickens or some i'm told.

Gwenevere's snail family.  

We caught a few snakes too



Even Edgar liked the chicks

Papa hauling way the big old bush.  making room for bee hives, blueberry bushes and  next years garden.  

Second snake of the day.  





I'll be honest,  I cringed watching Grace split wood but she followed Papa's instructions carefully and did a good job. 

never ending weeds and worms.  Everett and I had a lot of fun digging up weeds and worms. 

A little bit of face painting

neck art

My very own dragonfly

Edgar's bald spot was the perfect place to doodle.  hehehehe  Said Gwenevere

is it smore time yet

Homemade smores with chocolate chips and peanut butter
 Sunday we skipped church and when on a family hike to Sweet Creek Falls. 
Edgar loved the big trees.  

Pictures don't do this place justice


lemon clovers for the win
 Grandpa Don gifted Grace some walkie talkies.  James was able to sync our other walkie talkies to Grace's new ones so everyone had their own walkie talkie.  It was so fun running around the forest calling out to each other over walkie talkies. 

Walkie Talkie code names:  Papa:  Bee Man
                                             Mama:  Mama Bear
                                             Gwenevere:  Kitty Cat
                                             Grace:  Happy Hopper
                                             Everett:  Dino Claw
next time this girl needs to pack a small bag to carry all her treasures.  



After our hike we wonder to the beach and enjoyed a nice campfire dinner while the kids built a dam and we enjoyed the entire beach to ourselves. 



This week we've enjoyed Marco Poloing Grandma Sharolee and learning about her trip to Germany.  Someday I hope to take all my kids to Europe. 


I love finding little treasure like this afternoon when I found all my kids reading books

my new moto  JOMO  The joy of mission out

Gwenevere had really taken a liking to her piano studies.  I love hearing her practice

Grace writing down the poem she's going to memorize


The weather has been so springy  lots of down pours of april showers followed by rainbows and sunshine.  I'm loving spring rain.  it feels different from winter rain.  

Gwenevere practicing her spelling words in code. 
 Yesterday I took the kids to a homeschool gymnastics open gym play.  and the climbed spencer butte's rock wall before going to the park to play some more. 



Then last night we stayed up all night with kids throwing up.  Everett started first.  he was throwing up from 11pm-1am,  followed by Grace from 2am-5am, with Gwenevere starting around 4am-7am and last but not least Edgar throwing up around 7am just once before going back to sleep.  

It was a poor night sleep for everyone.  Hence the girls passed out on the floor and couches all afternoon.  While Edgar refused to nap more then 5 minutes at a time.  




 Papa came home from work and made dinner.  Then we folded laundry and watched Incredibles 2. 

I am so looking forward to General Conference Weekend.  I'm excited to hear the prophet's voice to spend time as a family and recommit to my Savior's gospel.  Happy Conference Weekend Everyone

1 comment:

Max and Rebecca said...

Why does throwing up always have to happen in the middle of the night? Such a bummer! i hope everyone is starting to feel better. I think those walkie talkies are the same ones Miles got for his birthday. We could have all the cousins on walkie talkies and go have an explorations adventure!