At the beginning of every school year James offers the kids and myself father's blessings as we prepare for the upcoming school year.
This year was no different. As we gathered in the living room a gentle reserves entered our home. Edgar was a bit wiggly and at the moment I didn't feel it but later that evening as I relistened to the words of the blessings i could feel the spirit was present.
Everett was the first to receive his blessing. Edgar was wiggly and I didn't catch everything about his blessing. Just the jest that he would have courage to overcome struggles, that he would work hard and learn and grow.
After Everett's blessing and my lack of ability to concentrate I asked that we record the other children's blessing so I could take notes and add them to our family journal later. James agreed.
Grace was blessed to find new way s to strengthen her mind mentally and her body physically. Courage to try new things, listen to the spirit and make good choices and to be a good example to her siblings.
Edgar Arlo full of sweet little giggles sat on the chair folding his arms as James blessed him to learn new things in school with mama. learn to be a good little brother and be happy and helpful.
Gwenevere was giving a blessing of comfort and strength. "You will have the patients necessary to work through hard challenges and experiences the upcoming year." She was blessed to work hard and learn new things. And to be a good example to her younger siblings.
I was blessed to be able to use all the things that i've researched to help the kids develop good habits of learning. I was blessed to get myself organized in a way that will help the family and to have patients with everyone in the house.
I only wish James was able to receive a blessing from his Heavenly Father as well.
Thank you James for your selfless service for our family and all that you do that brings the presents of Heaven in our home. We love you and pray for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment