Monday, January 31, 2011

Where we live

I love where we live.  The Northwest is so beautiful.


A mile from our home is a beautiful golf course over looking the Pudget Sound.  It has a three mile trail around the golf course open to the community,  two large grassy fields, a dog park and beach access.

Words can't really describe the beauty, and unfortunately my camera is on it's last leg so the pictures aren't the best either, but I wanted to document the beautiful place that we live.


We decided to go on a walk this morning since it wasn't raining.  James biked to the park and Gwenevere and I fallowed in the car.


The trail is a big loop around the golf course.  A mile or more up top then a 1/2 mile decent to the water front, a mile ore more at the bottom and another 1/2 to get back to the top.  
This is the view from where they will be building a play ground up top.


These are some pictures of the trail descending.





Then you reach the bottom




On the way to the top again.  Looking back as we climb there is a beautiful view of the Olympic Mountain range.  
this picture also so the old factory ruins, the train tracks and the large grassy around at the bottom.  I can't wait for summer.  This place is awesome.

5 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

You had better celebrate the day! Especially when it is not raining. You camera takes fine picture. You just need to learn to be content with what you have.

Max and Rebecca said...

I can't wait to be back in the North West!! I remember we went running there when we visited once! It was beautiful!

Jenni said...

I love that park!! We stopped there once when we were visiting you. What is it called again? It's super cool. WE LOVE the NW :)

Sarah said...

We love this walk! The grassy field is the best place for kites.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the PNW! You are making me miss home! :)