Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pregnancy Progress

Since I've been constantly thinking about my pregnancy and our baby girl I figured I should blog about it.  After all my blog is our family journal.

Before getting pregnant I weighted 127.  Now that I'm 20 weeks pregnant I weigh 135.9.  I haven't been good about working out and I really want to make sure I stay fit for the birth and recovery so I found a great workout program just right for me.  Usually I like to walk for my workout but it's been so rainy and with colds, I just haven't seemed motivated to take Gwenevere out in the rain to go walking.  Well, the other day I found a Leslie Sansone Walk at home workout DVD and I bought a pair of 3 lbs weights (which I've wanted since I return Jenni's wieghts.  Thanks Jenni for letting me borrow your weights.  I use the 3lb weights while I do the walking DVD and I love it.

The DVD allows me to walk 4 miles with a warm up and cool down in 56 minutes.  I know this isn't Zomba or Yoga, or P-90-X but I love it.  It's the prefect cheesy workout for the me, the woman who hasn't been working out like I should.

So now that I'm motivated to work out more, I have set a goal to stay under 155lbs for this pregnancy.  We'll see how I do but If I can stay under 150 that would be even better.  With Gwenevere I walked into the Hospital ready for labor at 149lbs and I walked out about 148 lbs. This gives me a goal of gaining about 1lbs per week from here on out.  Fingers crossed.

Other than weight gain and food intake which I could talk about for another 30 minutes I'll get to the really fun stuff.  Baby Clothes.

So we found out that we are having a little girl and yesterday I bought her a blessing dress.  My Friend Rachael knitted some cute booties for the baby and when I found the blessing dress it all came together.
I can see our baby girl in this dress with a beautiful purple flower in her hair and wrapped in a soft purple blanket being blessed by James.  Awe.  I'm so excited. 



The sale was buy one get one free so I got this cute dress 

It's hard to tell by this picture but the dress is a soft pink knit.  
I'm so excited.

And this is my first Maternity shirt for this pregnancy.
And now that we know it's a girl, it's time for a list of baby names.

Yippee

A list of names will appear on the side bar and you can vote for you favorite.

1 comment:

Sharla said...

It love posts about eating right and exercising, especially while pregnant so you can keep talking about it all you want. I will be 20 weeks on Sunday and I am about 9lbs gained too. I think I could eat better but food seems so much more delicious while I am pregnant. Yum. I am excited to see which name you end up choosing for your baby girl. I am with Gwenevere, I like Alice.