Friday James had his last final at 8am. He finished around 10am and come home to help clean and pack the car. By noon James was on his way to Centralia WA ON HIS BIKE. Just another 55 miler ride, that's it. Gwenevere and I headed out the door with a very full car about 20 minutes later but we had some stops to make before meeting up with Papa. First we went to my work bank to deposit some rent checks and than it was time for a scavanger hunt. We went to 6 banks looking for 50 cent pieces. Grandma Sharolee turned 50 a few weeks ago and we thought it would be fun to give her 50 50 cent pieces for her birthday. Gwenevere was super excited to visit Red Grandma and her dog nick. Whenever we go down to Portland it's about the only think Gwenevere likes to talk about for days afterwards. SHE LOVES VISITING FAMILY.
a hour and a half later and with 50 50 cent pieces in our pocket, it was time to meet up with James, but by now Gwenevere was asking for Mc Donald's and since I told her we'll go to Mac Donalds when we drive to Grandma and Grandpa Thomas' house she thought we should go to Mac Donald's on our way to Red Grandma's too. She had been so patient and happy the entire time we went from bank to bank that I just couldn't resist her sweet plea to go to the "Fry Store".
We where having to much fun, I almost forgot what time it was, after Mac donald's we stopped by Motherhood and I bought a maternity tank top I could wear with some of my materity clothes and Gwenevere picked out two very soft stuffed Monkeys, One for her and one for Baby sister. That is about the time I got a call from James letting me know he was 10 miles away from Centerlia (a 60 minute drive) oooops.
Gwenevere and I jumped into the car and headed south as fast was we could. Right before Gwenevere passed out (she was really ready for a nap) She said, "Happy Mother's day Mama!" It was so cute. She said it 10 more times and each time I thanked her for a fun "mother's day" and told her I loved being her Mama. A moment I want to remember.
Well an hour later we met up with James, and now with everyone in the car the excitement for Portland was really beginning to build up. Gwenevere didn't sleep the rest of the way, instead she sang songs and talked about her uncles she was about to see.
When we arrived in Portland it was sunny and the city was BEAUTIFUL. It's always nice to go back. We stopped at Grandma Sharolee's house first to drop off some luaggage for Max and Rebecca. Than we went to Red Grandma's house where Grandpa Roemhildt had dinner ready for us. We ate dinner and played for a while and than decided to go Hot Tubing at Grandpa Roemhildt's place. The only problem was, I didn't have swim bottoms that fit me anymore. So Gwenevere and I stopped at Marshall's to see what we could find. I found a pair of cute Swim shorts and Gwenevere found a pair of hot pink converse. She had just grown out of her old converse and was refusing to wear any other shoe I tried to make her wear. So the Neon Pink converse where a must. :)
We had fun "swimming" in Grandpa's hottub and by the time we where done, Gwenevere was ready for bed.
Saturday morning we woke up got dressed and went to Grandma Sharolee's house for Breakfast. She made the best meal ever. A breakfast casserole, cinnamon roles, and a fruit salad. Gwenevere loved the Cinnamon roles. I think she ate a total of THREE. We played with Grandma Sharolee, gave her her present and had a fun relaxing morning. Than we put Gwenevere down for a nap at Grandma Sharolee's house and James and I went on a bike ride. We road down to Value Villiage but didn't find anything really cool. It was kinda a let down, but on the plus side, we didn't spend any money and the bike ride was fun. When we got back to Grandma Sharolee's house Gwenevere was still asleep but we woke her up and biked back to Red Grandma's house.
When we arrived at Red G's house most of the extended family was there. Yippee. We had an amazing dinner and played tones of board games. James and Daniel took a little bike ride down to REI for the fun of it and Gwenevere stayed close to Red Grandma in order to get lots of Cheetos. She knew that if she asked me I would tell her to eat her broccoli first. She is one smart kid.
On Sunday Grandpa Roemhildt brought the boys over and made Breakfast for everyone. It was delicious. James made some bacon and eggs and Grandpa cooked "scones" (the biscuit kind) and brought over strawberries.
We went to Church at the Fanno Creek ward. It's always fun to see some many familiar faces. I had a chance to talk with Melissa NewMyer, bless her heart. I love that lady so much.
After Church we to Sarah and Ezra Frantz' house. We met up with some friend from BYU-hawaii, got in their band bus and drove to Vancouver together. We had a mini BYU-Hawaii reunion. It was so much fun. It was just like old times, except there where more kids this time.
On Monday Sarah Frantz and the kids took us to the Portland Children's Museum. It was AWESOME. I'll do another post on that later.
After the Children's museum we went to Sarah's Sister's house for launch and a bit of Lego fun. Than it was time for naps. After naps, We went to Green Grandma' house to visit. Uncle Gary came home from work and played with Gwenevere for a while. He also made some Popcorn for us to eat. Gwenevere calls him Unkie Jerry. And she loved playing with him. It was fun to see Green Grandma again and to visit and watch the birds in her back yard. After visiting we went back to Red Grandma's house for dinner and than it was time to pack up the car and head home.
3 comments:
What a fun weekend! I love BYU-H reunions and Value Village...don't forget memorial day is coming up and they always have their stuff 50% off!!!
I'll be there for sure! :)
I am so glad you had so much fun! Is that the Childrens Museum that is sort of by the Tillagar Carves? Sounds like you had lots of fun back in Portland. The Fanno Creek Ward is one of my favorites in the church. They were very kind to me!
So fun, I can't wait until we live closer and can have some Portland fun. less than 3 months!!
Post a Comment