We've tried to have a garden every year. It's not much to look at but it's been good practice for the one day we have a big garden. This year we have Two Tomato plants (given to us by the Bohmans), Sweet Alaskian Peas, Green onion and Basil.
The peas are starting to sprout.
The green onion is from the store, we bought a bundle of green onion and planted the roots to produce more onion within two weeks. Whenever we need green onion we go out and cut a stem off and in a few days it starts to regrow. I thought that was pretty cool.
Our basil plant is struggling but we've been able to get enough basil so far. Our basil plants in Hawaii where HUGE. I guess basil likes warm weather and a good ocean breeze. Who can argue with that?.
I can't wait for our Tomato plants to produce tomatoes, last year Gwenevere ate all the tomatoes off our plant so I'm hoping this year with two plants I'll get a chance to eat some tomatoes too.
2 comments:
The prophet said we should plant a garden but he never said anything about watering it and wedding it. I have a garden also thanks to Mom! It is even growing. Will said he hauled off four wheelbarrows of weeds. They grow things big outthere.
I have heard that green onions regrow. You will have to tell me how it goes. Perhaps I will try it soon.
Post a Comment