Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pregnancy Update- Good news

I'm 33 weeks now,  Only 7 more to go.  WOW!  it's going by fast.  Baby sister is head down and hopefully will stay that way.  I get lots of kicks on my right side mostly from her feet but every now and than I get some good hand punches in the lower right hand side of my stomach. At my last appointment, my midwife could feel baby's head, back and bum.  And when they listened to her heart beat it was LOUD and clear.  Her back was pressed right up against my stomach, the way she sits most of the time.  My midwife was very impressed.

While at my appointment I took another Gestational Diabetes test.  The last one I took was at 26 weeks and we figured it was good to check again just in case.  The test came back negative.  YIPPEE  no GD this pregnancy.

I was also tested again for my platelets.  Last test was at 101 and we thought they might drop some more.  I've been eating a lot of protein and drinking an herbal tea that is good for the blood.  So I was super excited when I found out that my platelet count has increased to 127.  YIPPEE

I'll probably test my platelet counts again when it gets closer to the birth but this is a GREAT improvement. 

So now I won't complain that I have passed 155 lbs.  Kinda.  When I weigh myself on our home I weigh in about 152-153 but whenever I go to my appointments and weigh in I'm 3-5 lbs heavier. 

 But enough about me let me tell you about Baby sister. I feel we have a strong willed baby on the way.  When I'm sitting in an uncomfortable position for her, she will kick and kick and kick until I move.  She has even woken me up in my sleep because she was uncomfortable, and that's saying something, because I'm a deep sleeper.

When I can't stop baby sister from kicking me, I have Gwenevere come over and talk to her.  She stops moving right away and just listens to Gwenevere. 

In a few more weeks we will move Gwenevere into Alisha's room and Alisha into Gwenevere's room so that we can set up baby sisters bed in Gwenevere's new room and get things ready for when Baby sister comes. 

As for names,  Gwenevere still calls baby sister Alice, James still enjoys the name Eleanora, and I like Emlyn.  So that probably means baby sister will be named something completely unknowns to us at this time.  But we are excited to have her come into our home and not just be in my stomach.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay, congratulations! That is great news. I can't wait to meet her in a few months!

Jenni said...

Great news on all accounts!! It won't be long now and we'll all get to meet this new little sweetheart. PS I love strong willed babies because when they decide to something good, they really do something great.

Jenni said...

Oops, that was Sandy. I guess Jenni was signed in on my laptop but I bet she'd agree with me.

Erin said...

i cant believe how close you are to having to her! so very exciting! glad everything is going well and you are very healthy and happy!

Sam and Becky said...

I'm very excited for you Elizabeth. Children are truely wonderful gifts. Just a word of advice...make sure you do an ultrasound (if you haven't already) to confirm that your baby is head down. My doctor kept saying that my baby was head down (by feeling my stomach) and when I was induced, the doctor broke my water and it turned out that my baby was breeched and I ended up having a c-section (not very fun). Just a precaution. I want everything to go well for you and your baby. Good luck and hopefully your baby girl will come soon! ;o)

Stephanie and Todd said...

Yay! So happy everything is going so smoothly! Can't wait to see you guys and meet baby sister in a couple months!