Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Ugly one and other crafts

a week ago I found a cute pattern to make stuffed turtles.  So I quickly went through my scrap fabric pile and started making turtles.  I figured I would make the ugliest turtle first that way all the mess ups are on the ugly one and the rest of the turtles I would make would look much better.   (pictured above: the ugly one.)  Once I had finished making the Ugly one Gwenevere asked to give it to baby Elizabeth for her birthday.  I didn't really want to give Elizabeth the Ugly one but since Gwenevere started calling it baby Elizabeth's it was almost hard not to want to give it to Elizabeth.  Luckly Gwenevere changed her mind.  Instead the Ugly one made it into Gwenevere's bed,  (Gwenevere never sleeps with animals, instead she insists on making beds next to her's for her baby dolls/animals to sleep.)  When Gwenevere woke up the next morning, the Ugly one came with her. 

Since then I've made more turtles, one for Baby Elizabeth and one for Gwenevere, in hopes that the ugly one would be replaced but to no luck.  Gwenevere loves her ugly turtle.  It's kinda cute.  I still have three more turtles to make but here are some of the replacement attempts

.

And as of other crafts I've done lately
 A few weeks ago Jo-ann Fabrics had an awesome sale and I bought a few dress patterns to try.  One Sunday morning I decided to make Gwenevere a new dress for church so I went through my fabric box and found some fabric from Hawaii and I whipped up this little dress.  It's not perfect but I thought it was pretty cute.  Gwenevere on the other hand,  HATES IT!  I have never seen her scream so hard in my life.  I tried putting it on her, James tried putting it on her it was no use.   I wasn't going to force my daughter to wear it, but I was kinda sad.  We figured next Sunday would be better.  I've tried getting Gwenevere to wear this dress four times now and she refuses every time.  If there is something I want Gwenevere to wear but she won't wear it I give her the option of wearing this dress instead and each time she'll wear whatever it was she didn't want to wear to begin with.  ha ha ha.  I've decided to post pone making any more dresses for her. 

On a side note, Whenever I pull out a piece of fabric Gwenevere immediately gets interested in what I'm about to do.  When I was cutting out the dress she kept asking me what I was doing to her blanket, (the fabric).  I think she was concerned for the fabric and now that it's a dress it's been ruined or something. 


Moving on.  Another project I've done recently was for cub scouts.  The boys earn recognition patches but they have no place to put them.  So I did a little research and while Jo-ann was having their awesome sale i purchased 4 yards of red felt.  I found a cub scout brag vest pattern online and within an after noon I had made a pattern and cut out 12 yes TWELVE red brag vests.  My fingers where soar but the boys had fun sewing their vests.




I have also made a dress for Gwenevere's doll but I can't seem to find the picture so I'll have to add that in later.  But while I was looking for the picture I found this picture.
I'm working on a white aloha blanket for "baby sister"  It's not done yet but I'm excited so i thought I would show you a preview picture.  It's going to have a white aloha print quilt on top with a super soft white fabric on bottom with a purple ribbon trim between the quilted part and the soft backing that comes around to the front.  If you don't understand my description I'll post pictures of the blanket when it's complete. 

6 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

Sound like she like she be the boss of herself. That is not all bad! So Preston is now three. Yesterday Seth got axcepted at the Univeristiy of Mannhein So you two had better plan a trip their. If you need to Gwenevere and the baby are always welcome here. Remember the water tower park on a Sunday afternoon?

Rachael said...

oh goodness. I would certainly wear that dress if it were my size! Nice work!

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness. You got me excited to sew. Can we get together this weekend and sew a little?

Anonymous said...

That dress is adorable. That's so funny she wont wear it, I'm sure she'll come around.
The baby blanket is going to be beautiful. I love the white aloha print!

Jenni said...

wow you are becoming quite the craftster! Go girl. :) I'm just still trying to get the hang of how to thread my sewing machine haha.

Max and Rebecca said...

You are so talented!!