On the drive down, James called to say hello. We had a wonderful chat and he asked me if I could see any green. At that very moment we where driving through the most beautiful open green fields I had ever seen. I told James I could live in Utah, he wasn't to excited about the idea so I took these pictures for James.
I love my open spaces.
But the greenery didn't last long. After getting hot dog we found ourselves traveling through the most beautiful desert.
I hope to travel this way again some day with James by my side. The view was just beautiful.
We finally made it to Lake Powell around 11am. Getting everything onto the house boat and to our camp ground was a bit of a mess but we all handled it working together and trying our best to be of help. (I'm so glad I'm apart of this family, there is no other family of 55 plus people I would want to do a lake Powell trip with. We really do rock!
On our way to the camp ground. Grace and Gwenevere LOVED looking out the window, watching the jet boats go by and seeing the big rocks.
On top of the house boat on our way to the camp ground. In the background is Castle rock.
probably the only time I was able to get life jackets on both girls.
Uncle Daniel let us drive the house boat. So cool.
Pulling up to our camp site
Right away Preston and Gwenevere got to work playing in the sand. They said they where building a Lightening McQueen town. LOL
Some views I took to share with James
I was so excited to see our tent already set up when we got there. thank you Mark for all the hard work you put into this reunion.
After dinner we went on a little hike up some rocks close to camp. When we reached the top of the rocks, Gwenevere looked around and then declaredL "Wow, climbing a mountain is boring!" I got a good laugh from that, and told her she was in the wrong family. :-) Gwenevere enjoyed her time on the top of the mountain so i don't think she's too disapointed.
The fallowing are posibly from Monday but I'm not 100% sure it's kinda a blur because not all pictures are from my camera. Thanks Kristi and Laura for sharing your beautiful pictures with me.
Gwenevere fell into the the water and got her face wet, that was the last of her water experience she mostly just waded to her knees and that was it.
a mo-hock, food on her face and and ear infection.
I'm proud of the water can I brought, it was a hit toy
My nieces collected sea shells
proof that I made Grace wear her hat. Papa would be pleased
Anabelle trying on Grace's sunglasses
playing in the sand
Uncle Seth reading a book while Grace naps
trying to take a sexy mama picture for the papa back home, not happening. sorry bud
Gwenevere found a safe way to play in the water
peek a boo
My favorite picture from that day
Gwenevere was so happy running through the water.
1 comment:
Such fun memories and great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment