Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fun Friday and other weekend updates

I've decided to make Fridays are fun day.


Grace has wanted to run naked lately so in order to go diaper free we've pulled out good old Mr. Froggy seat.  Grace decided she really like Mr Froggy once she learned she can get M&Ms if she sits on it.  Now we just need to get her to pee in it.  hehehehehe  The joys of potty training.


But by far the highlight of our Friday was swimming with friends
\

After swimming we brought our friends over to our new place and put them to work moving old kitchen cabinets


Saturday we had several productive hours to work on the house.  A friend watched the girls for a few hours and I got a chance to work inside.  The house isn't really child friendly so most of my work has been outside where I can watch the girls play while I work.  Hooray for inside work.

Our neighbor the Eagles


Gwenevere spotted the first bloom of the season

The "open" kitchen



I sanded down, washed and primed one room.
I hope to do two more rooms this upcoming weekend.

James is finishing the taping of the ceiling
upstairs

Downstairs

It's looking good,
hopefully we'll be texturing soon.

And then on Monday 
We picked up Aunt Alisha from the airport.
We love it when she comes to visit.

She's here to help me keep my sanity while we finish fixing the house, pack and move while trying to keep up with our jobs.

Alisha and Grace went on a walk while I planted more flowers.



 So far we've met with an Electrician, and contractor for the siding, and a heat pump person.  Crossing our fingers we can get them all a lined and projects finished in the next couple of weeks.  James just informed me he is working the weekend of April 27th so that means we need to move by April 20th which means all projects need to be finished by April 6th so that we can refinish the hard wood floors in time for the move.  It's going to be crazy but I'm  praying it will all come together.  

4 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

Wow, I'm amazed at how much you guys have done!

Sarah said...

It's looking great. Your girls can come and play anytime you feel like having indoor chore time. What kind of flowers did you plant?

Dalynn said...

I love reading the updates. Good luck with all the work. Can't wait to see more.

Dan Thomas said...

You guys have done a lot. James found good use of the spakling bucket.