Sunday, February 23, 2014

Everett Eats: I'm trying something new

The nice part about having three kids is you can try different parenting theories. hehehehe 


While I was pregnant with Everett I started listening to a natural parenting pod cast.  One of the talks was about how to start feeding your baby solid foods.  the talk explained that rice cereal and the other recommended first foods for babies are actually NOT very nutritious and can actually increase the chances of diabetes later on in life.  This made since to me.  the pod cast did recommend several naturally nutritious  (not fortified) food to start with including avocados, bananas and sweet potatoes.
  
 Since Everett has been so sensitive to different kinds of foods.  I decided to start him off with Sweet Peas.  And like most parents, I'm hoping to actually stick to the recommendation of only giving him one type of food (or only introduce one new type of food) per week.  This was my intentions with the previous babies but never stuck to it.  But because I'm starting Everett with solid foods so early I think I'll be more cautious.

Okay I'll get off my soap box now.  hehehehe

The real reason for this post:

After dinner one night last week. I decided to feed Everett some solid food.  He had been whinny all day sucking me dry and I figured he might still be hungry.  I've notice he's been having a growth spurt lately.
So I pulled out the bib and baby spoon and the girls got very excited and asked to help.  I was lucky enough to give Everett his very first bit of baby food.  He gave me the  "mom, that is gross" look and then asked for more.  (side note:  Everett has actually tasted other foods, like pretzels, oranges, and anything else We happen to think would be interesting for him to try.)

Gwenevere and Grace where not about to let me have all the fun.  The quickly requested for their turns to feed Everett.  




The face of baby brother after Grace is done feeding him


No comments: