Thursday, February 6, 2014

Potty Trained

It must be noted (and I can't remember if I've said something already)

GRACE IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!

hurray


I knew she was ready because she kept talking about the potty.  but never wanted to go.  Then for some crazy reason unknown to me, I got up one morning and said to myself:  "I'm going to potty train Grace today."

We pulled out the froggy seat, again.  and we took off her diaper.  We put on panties and that was it.

the first two days we had nothing but messes.  And a lot of laundry.  At the end of the second day I told James, "I give up, she is too stubborn".  With a big hug James told me to give it one more day.

On the third day I left the house to go buy candy.  it was a risky adventure but it paid off.  For the first time since Potty training Grace peed in the potty.  VICTORY!

that is all I needed.  from there on out we've come along way.

Today I feel it is safe to say she is potty trained!  Yippee

And here is one of James' favorite pictures.  It's actually from before we potty trained but still super cute.


2 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

Yeah Grace! and that is a really cool picture of you and Grace!

Jenni said...

I really love that photo of you and Grace through the hallway. Such a beautiful mother/daughter pic.

Congrats on the potty training!

Will is planning to potty train Taylor during his paternity leave next month woohoo. He's off and on (Taylor, in regard to the toilet). But I hear it's harder to potty train with boys. But i have no idea, not having had any girls. That is just what I hear (cuz you have to train to stand and pee, also poop). With taylor we've also sort of been letting him let us know when he's ready. Somedays he's ready and then somedays he's not. lol. So who knows.