Sunday, February 23, 2014

Gwenevere and Grace learn to sew

I've had the opportunity to do a little bit of sewing lately.  Since then Gwenevere has been asking me to teach to her to sew.  I told her I would but kept putting it off.  then the other day we were walking around Jo-Anns and Gwenevere told another shopper that I was going to teach her how to sew.  She has been so  excited and patiently waiting.  That's when I told myself today is the day.  We got out the sewing machine and Gwenevere made a little bean bag.  She was so proud of her sewing.  I want to find some simple sewing crafts she can do in the hopes that her interest will continue. Ideas are welcomed
We had to use a step stool so she could reach the peddle


Notice the little blue bean bag she is holding. 

Since we've been on a crafting kick we made threaded hearts for Valentines day.  The girls loved learning to sew.  I didn't have enough stamps on Valentines day but we have a lot of hearts that need a home.  Let me know if you want a one of a kind, hand crafted cardboard heart made with love from two very cute girls.  We can get them in the mail soon.  Next week's preschool lesson:  A visit to the Post office.  hehehehehhe  isn't preschool fun?!






2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really need to do something like this with my girls (ages 5 and 7). Except, I am really not great at sewing. Maybe we can get our kids together and have them sew projects together. Maybe even make a mini class series out of it where they have projects to complete. That would be a great summertime activity even.

Some ideas I have would be burp cloths (as suggested by someone on Facebook as well), receiving blankets, and hair scrunchies. I am sure there are a lot of online ideas too.

Sandy said...

You are such an awesome mom!! I love our valentine card from the girls. It's hanging on my "Heart Wall" at school. I'll get a picture for you. THANKS for teaching the girls to sew.