![]() |
| Grace, Elizabeth, Laura, Mom |
My mom spoiled me with a trip to Las Vegas so I could participate in a half marathon with her and two of my sisters. The experience was incredible. It was just what I needed. I came home from the trip knowing I could endure longer than I thought I could, I can have the discipline to put my wanted actions before my comfy habits, and a renewed spirit ready to be the best person I can be.
I experienced new things, and enjoyed immensely being around my sisters and my Mom uninterrupted by my role as a mother to three Littles.
So where do I begin?
My crazy week had left me with little time to get ready for the trip. Thankfully a friend called Friday afternoon and offered to watch my Littles so I could pack and frantically clean my house before I left for the weekend. In the hour to myself I sorted and folded laundry and packed my bags. Unfortunately cleaning the house did not happen. But I knew James would be able to take care of everything, he's just that good.
I got to the airport and through the security in a record breaking time. Once settled in and waiting for the flight I realized I hadn't done a good job eating and getting ready for the race in the morning. So I spent a small fortune on airport food but enjoy some claim chowder and fish and chips for dinner. After eating my jitters settled down and I was able to enjoy the flight to Las Vegas.
I arrived in Vegas an hour late do to thunderstorms. Grace arrived at the same time and we meet each other by the baggage claim before going outside to find Mom and Laura. The reunion was fun. we drove back to the hotel and climbed into bed around 11pm.
4:30 am was the wake up call, we packed our supplies, did our hair and headed out the door to begin the big event.
We got to the starting line around sunrise. It was cool but not cold and the excitement for the race was getting everyone pumped up.
![]() |
| See i'm all pumped up |
Grace did some calculating and realized her shirt was wrong, it's been three months since her last run. But she still rocked the run like no other. She also took on the roll of photographer.
The first 5 miles went by fast with Grace by my side chatting it up about her new job. I asked every questions I could think off to keep the conversation going, good thing I find the idea of a cloud based apartment management program exciting. She's flying all over the country training management companies on the new software. It's pretty cool stuff.
Miles 6 and 7 weren't as pleasant do to an upset stomach. But once I got some more water in my system I was feeling good again. I pushed through the not so fun part (which really wasn't that bad) jamming to little Grace's birthday party jams. Running to "Sophia the First" and "Barbie life the dream House" and Milan's "A Girl worth fighting For" really does make a difference. LOL
![]() |
| In honor of my crazy brother Will who runs 100 mile runs and holds his breath while running through tunnels. |
The last 4 miles where beautiful with a view of the lake, a nice warm breeze but not too hot, and several tall tunnels.
Laura and I chatted the remaining run, talking about schools, kids and the like. It was very fun to visit with everyone during the run.
![]() |
| I can see the light at the end of the tunnel |
![]() |
| The view was beautiful |
![]() |
| After crossing the finish line |
After getting a bottle of water we walked back up the trail to find Grace and Mom on their way to the finish line, finishing strong and with a time about 2 hours 50 mins. This is a huge accomplishment considering the fact that Mom had food poisoning a few days before and was just barely getting her strength back. So proud of her. Way to go mom.
![]() |
| Grace and Mom getting ready to cross the finish line. So close to being done |
![]() |
| chowing down on some yummy finish line food |
![]() |
| Proof she is an Angel |
![]() |
![]() |
| That is one big metal |
When we where all done hanging out at the finish line we caught the bus back to the car and continued our adventure.








.jpg)










4 comments:
What a fun adventure!
That sounds like so much fun, especially the part about going out with your sisters and mom and leaving your kids behind hehe! Are you going to make it tradition?
I should clarify that I love my children!!
That sounded like so much fun! Glad you got to have some away-time with your mom and sisters and good job on completing the race!
Post a Comment