Thursday, February 19, 2015

recommitting to eating healthy

Lately I've been so busy that meal planning has taken a back burner in my life.  This has lead to us eating out more than I want to admit.  Little Ceaser's 5.00 pizza, fried chicken from the groceier store and home made nachos has been the main menu items at our house for far to long.  You'd think that the cost alone would be the driving factor for change but I'm afraid not.  My sanity outweighs cost.  But my health is more important and hopefully by eating healthy will only help my sanity.  Both James and I have gained cute little baby bellies that need to go.  So I'm going to try hard to make healthy meals part of my top ten important things to do.

I'm hoping that if I write down my goal, I will be more determined to fallow through.  So if you see several food posts for a while it's me trying to give myself encouragement.

Last night I made my favorite

SAUSAGE AND QUINOA ONE-POT SUPPER




And I'm so proud to say I have dinner in the crockpot for tonight.  I'm trying a new Chili recipe from queenbee,


Please share your favorite healthy meal recipes with me.  And loving words of encouragement.  I'm really having a hard time with the fact that time is numeral. 

3 comments:

Rachael said...

the thing I'm doing right now is green smoothies for breakfast. I'm really bad about eating fruits and vegetables, but doing this gets 3 sevings of them in and cuts calories down. The blog simple green smoothies is a favorite for recipes, but when mornings are rushed (aren't they all?) I usually do 2 cups of spinach, 2 bananas, and 2 cups of frozen fruit from costco with enough water to blend smoothly - sometimes a tablespoon or two of yogurt.

Stephanie said...

I have two healthy eating blogs I follow that I LOVE. Their food is delicious. And, they have crock pot recipes that are great for those busy days. Skinnytaste.com and slenderkitchen.com. Seriously, those two blogs are lifesavers for me. Also, the Our Best Bites blog has started doing much more healthy meals, as well as work-outs. I like that one, too.

Sherry Ellsworth said...

ha, ha. I need to refocus on this too. I like simple green smoothies too. I also love the blog mels kitchen cafe. it's healthy enough family style food without being weird. Good luck!