Friday, August 12, 2016

A trip to Grandma's house

On Thursday we rested in the morning and then drove down to Grandma Sharolee's house to visit.  Miles was spending the week with Grandma since his family was rafting and he's too small to raft.  
We had a BBQ in the back yard and then played in the sprinklers in the front yard. 

It was so fun to watch these two little guys become buddies


The kids all loved Grandpa's new pond
Remember that time when Gwenevere raised a tadpole into a frog and then we drove down to Grandma's house release the frog.  We believe this is him.  
We found Stripey 


Snuggles with Grandma


When the air cooled down a bit it was time to going to the Longview riverfront park and listen to a Beach Boy band.  The evening was perfect.  Music that reminded me of my mom, picnic blankets, playing at the playground and lots of dancing.





 After playing at the park. We drove to Lowe's so I could pick up some spray paint for a project I wanted to do the next day.  Then we went back to Grandma's house to brush teeth and say goodbye.

The night was warm and perfect.  Grace and Everett fell asleep quickly as we started our drive home but Gwenevere was eager to stay up and talk with me.  We chatted for a bit,I  am always surprised by what this girl thinks about.  Our conversation revolved around God, the universe and heaven.

Then I got a notice on my phone saying there was a car accident up a head and a suggested detour.  We pulled off the freeway and took the dark country roads around.  We spotted  two shooting stars and got excited to see more.  Right before we left Longview Grandpa Don told us that tonight would be a great night for star gazing.

When we got home I put all the kids to bed and then decided to go lay in the back yard to see if I could see anymore shooting stairs.  Gwenevere wanted to watch with me but when I tried to wake her up I knew it wasn't going to happen.

I laid on the lawn watching the shooting stairs and thinking of James.  Wondering if he was doing the same thing.  I read a great e-mail Jill sent me about life in Germany and I didn't want the moment to end.

Finally I climbed into bed and closed my eyes knowing tomorrow was going to be a busy day.




No comments: