We are the Happy Hippies
and this is a glimpse of our life
Wednesday, August 3, 2016
what happened to July
Okay so we were gone for the first part of the month and I already blogged about that but what else did we do this month? I better upload some pictures and figure it out.
Gwenevere went to summer camp. she learned a lot of fun camp songs and had a blast.
I spy Gwenevere
Camp Wildfire 2016
One of the days while Gwenevere was at camp. I took Grace and Everett to Grandma Sharolee's hotel in Olympia and we went swimming and played at the Children's museum. The kids had a blast playing with Grandma.
We decided to have a lazy weekend mid july. James finished reading Harry Potter to the girls.
We walked to the local library signed up for a second summer reading program and enjoyed playing/reading at the park
James wanted to visit a leather store in Puyallup so we made it a family adventure. We love to check out new donut shops so we ate breakfast at a local donut shop in Puyallup and then we found a fun park with a huge rock climbing wall.
after visiting the Tandy's (leather store) James surprised me with lunch at the Purple Octopus. Best tamales around.
On sunday the girls wanted to match so we all choose white.
We bought Madagascar 3 at walmart and it came with this sweet wig. Everett was a bit freaked out by the wig and told Papa "it isn't glued on. take it off."
I took the kids swimming a couple of times. Everett loved being naked like Papa. "My boobs are sticking out like Papa".
Going swimming without his rash guard.
Friends invited us to go to Kandle Park (it's a wave pool and splash area). I'd never been but Grace loved the wave pool at Great wolf lodge so we thought we'd splurge and go. No regrets. We'll probably go one more time before Grace turns 5 (4 and under are free).
I love great friends.
all ready for some waves.
We have a tree in our front yard that needed to be removed so our neighbor helped us do it one evening.
We've done a lot of playing at home this month.
and a lot of biking up and down our street.
Gwenevere found her baby pacifier and it immediately went straight to her mouth. She about cried when I made her give it back to me. She still loves that thing.
James and I have had a lot of hand holding time this summer and it feels so go to slow down and be in the present.
I love watching my kids swim. Fircrest wading pool is free for kids. I just wish I could swim too.
My Usborne summer reading club books arrived and we spent a day bundling up packages to send to friends. It's been a good business for me.
Since Gwenevere had summer camp Grace did a ballroom dance camp. I love her teacher to pieces and Grace has loved her class. Today is her last day of class.
We found a new dentist and we all got caught up with our cleanings. James said he's never felt his teeth so clean before. Our new dentist is a keeper.
We've tried really hard to make this summer a fun and relaxing summer. It makes me happy to see James enjoying a good book.
this is what summer is all about.
Grace in all her glory. I love my little princess her style is so different from Gwenevere's and I love that she's comfortable in her own skin.
The Box family invited us to go camping at Denny's Creek and then go on a hike to the nature water slides. We all had a blast.
Grace's camping face
there where lots of long logs to climb on.
Jason giving us a fire show.
Hiking to the water slides
He's making sure I came.
The water levels where too low to really slide so we built dams and ponds and enjoyed experimenting with mother nature
Grace brought her baby on the hike. carried him the whole way.
We saw this super cool hollowed out tree on our way back to our car.
I got crafty and made a catboy cape.
The kids set up a tea party
I don't have a picture it yet, but James bought a bass guitar and is learning to play it. He likes to practice every night before going to bed. The kids love it, I love it and he loves it. it's been awesome.
I have loved the lazy summer days we've had recently.
No comments:
Post a Comment