Monday, September 4, 2017

back to school blessings

Tonight was my favorite Family Home Evening of the year.

This year I wanted to do back to school shopping even though we didn't need much.  I bought Gwenevere some awesome science and math based t-shirts and a black and white kitty sweatshirt.
I bought Grace a playmobil veterinarian set and a black and white kitty sweatshirt.
Everett was with me when we did our back to school shopping so he picked out a consolation glow in the dark shirt and a ceramic frog he could paint.

I put all their supplies in individual bags and set them aside for Family Home Evening.

 After our opening song and prayer, Gwenevere received her bag, then Papa gave her a blessing.    Everett was pretty wiggly and I don't remember much of Gwenevere's blessing but I do know she was blessed to have another fun year of learning at home.  Gwenevere was blessed to be able to learn from others.  ( which felt to mean her Primary teachers, who are amazing, and other adult leaders who will be apart of her schooling. Sarah Day, Her Gymnastic coaches and other Meetup parents.)   

Then it was Grace's turn.  After opening up her bag and looking at her things Papa gave Grace a blessing.  Grace was blessed what she could experience new things and make new friends.  She was blessed that she would listen to her Mama and Papa teachings and be able to think about what they said and then make correct choices.  

Next was Everett's turn.  He pulled his shirt out of his bag and gave it a big hug.  then he pulled his frog out of his bag and said "oh there you are, I've been wanting to paint you."  We all laughed at his excitement.
Everett was blessed that he would learn new things through his play and that he would be a good brother to his sisters.

Last but not least James gave me a blessing.  He blessed me with the spirit as a study out their lessons plans and continued to make lesson plans.  He blessed me with balance between home life, my marriage and my church calling and that I would know what needs to be the priority.

After my blessing we where all pretty exhausted and ready for bed.  

I am grateful for James and his priesthood power.  I am thankful he can bless our family and spiritually provide.  

I am excited to start a new year of schooling.  Happy Back to Homeschool tomorrow.  

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am just catching up on blogs, but wanted to say I love that James gave YOU a blessing as well. We always do father's blessings when school starts, but never thought about asking for blessings myself. I don't homeschool, but could still use some help.