Lately I feel my brain has a computer virus that has caused it to think extra slow. You know what I'm talking about, the kind of viruses that make you want to throw your computer out the window.
But I have a good excuse. I have a parasite growing in me. You ask, what is a parasite? From the dictionary: a parasite is An organism that obtains nourishment and shelter in another organism.
Yep, most people like to call this parasite, a fetus and the nine month duration of invasion, a pregnancy but lately it feels more like a parasite.
But on a good note. This parasite has one very happy older sister who is just dieing to meet him or her. The other day Gwenevere came up to me, kissed my stomach and then punched it while saying "Baby come out".
Trying to explain to Gwenevere that this baby isn't going to coming out anytime soon has been entertaining to say the least. I try to tell Gwenevere that the baby won't be coming till Gwenevere is almost 3 years old. As if that explains how long it's going to take. But it's fun to see that she is so excited. Gwenevere has several friends who have recently added another baby to their families and Gwenevere is on a baby kick. Several times through out the day I will find myself holding baby dolls Gwenevere brings to me crying saying "Mama, mama." We pretend to feed her baby dolls, change their diapers, and wrap them in up to cuddle them.
It's been fun watching Gwenevere really get involved in the whole baby process. I think i'm going to use this baby excitement to potty train Gwenevere. I figured I'll start telling Gwenevere that she needs to learn to potty on the toilet all the time in order for baby to come. And that when she is wearing panties all day long we will go to a special toy store and pick out a new baby doll for her.
Gwenevere has three baby dolls that she loves, one that is really tiny, one that is huge, it's about the same size and Gwenevere, and one that is is all cloths with a plastic underlining that crinkles and creeks every time it's touched. I strongly believe that every little girl needs one very nice doll. So if Gwenevere is ready to be potty trained it's time to invest in a nice quality doll.
Okay so i'm just rambling now, maybe it's the fact that I've been lazy and having taken any pictures lately so i'm not sure what will make this post complete. But I'll stop, and relieve you from this monologue.
4 comments:
I'm so happy for you with baby #2! Congratulations!
Good luck with the potty training. I need to get going with Macy pretty soon.
I like your ideas about potty training! I think it will be sucessful. Mom is so excited to fly over and spend some time with you. You know I have a glass doll of yours here made by Paunie if you ever want it to stand in Gwenevere's room.
I liked all the updates. :)
Sounds like James had a great birthday! And Gwenevere gets more adorable by the day!
I hope you are feeling well and enjoying your pregnancy. :)
If you don't already get it go to the american girl website and order their free catalog, my sisters and I loved to look at it whenever it came in the mail . We had their dolls when we were little. I'm sure it would appeal to Gwenevere's girly side and give you a few moments of peace to breathe for your cute little "parasite" :) I also have a doll pattern you could borrow for a waldorf doll if you want to make one.
Post a Comment