Alice- A name Gwenevere called the baby once or twice. She's also called the baby Ashley and Ada before but we figured we would add Alice to the list just for fun.
The meaning of the name Alice is Of A Noble Kin (which I really like since we are the Royal Roemhildts, King James, Queen Elizabeth, and Lady Gwenevere)
The origin of the name Alice is English
Most popular in 1950
Ranked 258 in the US
Lynden Rose- Lynden is little German settlement town we honeymoon at in Washington. and Rose because of Rose Bowcutt one of the greatest women we know. Besides it just sounds so good together. Lynden Rose. Lynden was not on the babycenter.com name list however Google suggests the name comes from Linden: A handsome tree (Tilia Europaea), having cymes of light yellow flowers, and large cordate leaves. The tree is common in Europe.
Evelyn- A name I really like.
The meaning of the name Evelyn is Beautiful Bird
The origin of the name Evelyn is English
Most popular in 2009 Ranked # 39
Today Ranked 39 in the US
Adelaide- Alice comes from Adelaide
The meaning of the name Adelaide is Of A Noble Kin
The origin of the name Adelaide is German (which I really like)
Most popular in 2008 Ranked 551 in 2009
Today Ranked 567
Grace Kahana- Kahana comes form Kahana Bay in Oahu, my personal paradise. And my little sister is named Grace after my great Grandma Grace who was known for her energy for life, and her love for sweets.
The meaning of the name Grace is Grace Of God
The origin of the name Grace is Latin
Most Popular in 2009 Ranked 13
Today ranked 17
Moon Star Sunshine- James' number 1 choice not found in the babycenter.com name search however Sunshine was
The meaning of the name Sunshine is Sunshine
The origin of the name Sunshine is English
Most popular in 1975 (ranked 537)
Today Ranked 805
Eleanor-
The meaning of the name Eleanor is Of Unknown Meaning
The origin of the name Eleanor is French
Most popular in 1950 (199)
Today Ranked 218
In an Australian Baby name book we had in Hawaii Eleanora means White sea shell.
Google suggest Eleanor to be of Greek orgin and mean Sun ray or shining light.
Nancy-
The meaning of the name Nancy is Grace
The origin of the name Nancy is English
Most Popular in 1950 (ranked #6)
Today Ranked 469
James' Grandma is named Nancy, she is his second Mom.
Olea-
Is found in the Pearl of Great Price Abraham 3:13 "Olea, which is the moon".
Wikipedia says
Olea (pronounced /ˈoʊliːə/)[2] is a genus of about 20 species in the family Oleaceae, native to warm temperate and tropical regions of southern Europe, Africa, southern Asia and Australasia. They are evergreen trees and shrubs, with small, opposite, entire leaves. The fruit is a drupe.
For humans, the most important species is by far the Olive (Olea europaea), native to the Mediterranean region.
I'm sure we'll add more to our list before we pick. After all Gwenevere wasn't on our list until two weeks before she was born. But it's fun to think about.
8 comments:
I love Lynden Rose! I know that was a choice for Gwenevere and that was my vote then too! Nancy votes for Grace Kahana! :) Good luck deciding!
I love them! I like the idea of naming the baby Alice just because that is what Gwenevere calls her and I love the story of how James started calling me Becca before I was born. It ended up being a very significant name for me. But all the names are great. What is the significance of Moon Star Sunshine...just curious?
I like Evelyn or Alice and I like Grace, Kahana, or Rose as middle names. I excited you are having another girl! Now that I have one, I want our second to be a girl!
Stephani I know what you mean, even before we found out it was a girl all I could think was "Sisters". I love having a girl and even though I'm excited to have a boy someday. I'm so glad this one is a girl.
Ashley, I love the name Lynden Rose is one of my favorite names too.
Rebecca, as for Moon Star Sunshine. I asked James what names he wanted on our list and he said that so I added it. Then he came over and helped me fill in the list. As we where looking up meanings to the names. We found it interesting that Eleanor Olea would mean "sun rays and moon". :)
"A Rose by any other name is still a Rose."
Isn't finding a name fun. That is unless you're told (over and over) "My name is Elizabeth." Then it's pretty much already decided. :-)
You have some great names, love Evelyn and Alice. Good luck picking one, can't wait to hear what you decide!
Eleanor is one of my all-time favorite names. :) Very nice list to choose from Elizabeth. :)
Post a Comment