Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our Lucky Day

Today was by far the best St. Patrick's day ever.  We had two appointments one with a nutritionist and one with the Doc for an ultrasound.  James got up early and biked ahead to the Doctor's office and enjoyed his 17 mile ride.  Gwenevere and I followed behind.  We meet with the Nutritionist first and that went great.  Then it was time for the Ultra Sound.  Gwenevere was super good.  She cuddled up next to James and watched the ultrasound until she fell asleep.  The Ultra Sound tech went through and examined everything before we found out the gender.  I really liked that.  With Gwenevere the first thing we saw was her gender, and I don't remember much more than that.  So to enjoy seeing my baby's brain and arms and fingers and toes and kidneys and tummy before finding out the super exciting news, was pretty amazing.  The Doctor was so impressed with our baby's heart, she kept saying  this is textbook material.  Meaning, "Super good footage."  Our baby was so calm and easy to examine.  Here is just a glimpse of our excitement.

Our little button

The Profile and fist

The much talked about heartbeat

The Doctor actually had video footage that showed all four chambers of the heart and the two valves between.


Baby's feet are my favorite

Gwenevere was right.
She has a baby sister on the way.

16 comments:

S said...

Hooray!! Sisters are the best! I'm glad everything went well and your little girl is healthy. Side note: we need to talk about Jeni's baby shower. She said that you wanted to throw one with me and I was going to call you and see if you wanted to do one together so, perfect!

Tammy said...

Yay! Congrats! Two girls are so much fun!!

NelsonFam said...

YEAH!!! I love the pictures. I can't wait to meet this little angel!

Jenni said...

Gwenevere is one smart little girl! Congratulations you guys!

Will Thomas said...

Wow! Congrats. We're so excited for you. You two make cute girls! And I was wrong, I guessed puppy.

The Bell Family said...

Yay!!! Congrats! I can tell you from my own experience that having two little girls is SO much fun!

rob said...

I guessed a boy, but that's OK, I was thinking this evening how every baby is an amazing blessing from a loving heavenly Father. I am so happy for you guys.

Rachael said...

So excited for you! She's a smart one, that Gwenevere.

Erin said...

congrats! so happy for you guys!!! guess it shows that a slower heartbeat doesn;t always mean a boy!

Jeremie said...

A girl! So fun. I can't wait until Tuesday to see what we are having... this waiting is killing me.

Jeremie said...

So this is actually Sharla. But I will pass on the word to Jeremie that you are having a girl. Congrats.

Jenkins Family said...

Yay! Congratulations! Two girls are awesome.

Dan Thomas said...

What is James going to do with two girls to spoil?

Dalynn said...

Whoohoo! So excited for you! Can't wait to see you all and congratulate you in person this summer.

Anonymous said...

YAY for sisters! So happy for you guys, nice and healthy baby. :)

Kevin and Tanya said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Sisters are fun :)