Sunday, May 22, 2011

Crash and burn: There's a first for everything

On Saturday James went biking with his friend.  When james left he said he'd be back by noon.  So when Lunch time came and went I started wondering if I should be worried.   James is usually acturate guessing how long a ride will take him.  James had never had an accident before and he was with a friend so I wasn't too worried but in the back of my mind I kept thinking "something isn't right".  Well an hour past and I started to get a little more nervous.  I called his phone 3 times and he never answered.  Usually I can call him two times in a row and he knows he has to stop biking and answer my call when I call like that.  

Finally James arrived home. He looked a little wiped out.  I asked him if everything was okay.  He's response was "I'm so glad my bike is okay." 

James went on to tell me that first he got a flat tire on his front wheel.  Which is Ironic because the day before we were talking about how he needed new tires soon and he said he had never had a flat tire on his front wheel.  Well, there's a first for everything.

But besides having a flat tire he had to patch, he also crashed his bike for the first time.  He was so happy that the bike wasn't broken but his hip and shoulder are pretty nasty.   I would take pictures of the bruses but my weak Pregancy stomach gets sickening knots every time that I look at them.  James also ripped his recently new bike jacket but if he hadn't been wearing it I'm pretty sure he would have lost a LOT more skin down his arm.  

For the most part he's okay, just sore in random areas and one really dark bruise on the inside of his leg. 

Anyway, It's not a pleasant story but since it was a first, I figured it was worth documenting.
 

5 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

One thing about riding a bike is that even though it does not hurt the things at the gas pump sometimes the Medical Bills can go up!

NelsonFam said...

Oh yuck. I always worry when Mark goes out on his dirt bike. I can imagine what that hour of waiting must have been like.

I hope James heals up quick and feels a little more alive because of the crash.

Will Thomas said...

So glad to hear the bike is okay... oh and James too.

Seth Thomas said...

Glad you're ok.. I had a really bad crash on my mountain bike earlier this week and the first thing I did was make sure my brand new wheel wasn't damaged. Also if you want I can pick you up a pair of tires and mail them for you for wholesale. Just give me a call and I can tell you what we have.

Anonymous said...

Gee, poor James...well at least that first is out of the way, no need to repeat that one. Glad he's ok. :)