Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend projects/ home renovations continue

This weekend we collaborated with our good friends and rented a rototiller for the day.  My garden is beautiful.  I never thought I'd be a happy hippy gardener, and believe me i'm far from it but I love trying and I can't wait to see what we can grow.



I got a little excited about my garden and took a trip out to the country to buy organic blueberry bushes, garlic, a few more raspberry bushes and some strawberries starts.  We planted the blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, but it got dark before I could plant the garlic and since they where already in a pot I figured I could plant them later.  3 days later and I haven't been back to the house.  :-(  Hoping to get out there tomorrow or Wednesday.

James had a very productive work day too.

He knocked down some walls, patched holes, and bought new TOOLS!  The electrician has been working for 4 days now, and when he finally finishes we'll be able to move forward faster.



James removed a pipe that was in the wall for no reason at all



James knocked down the closet to make the kitchen bigger.


 He took a little brake and chopped down some blackberry bushes


For the last couple of years James had mentions several times that he would like a new drill but couldn't justify getting a new one since he already had a decent one.  

But in the middle of a project he dropped the drill and it shattered.  
So to Home Depot he went and 
this bad boy was what he found.
 
Gwenevere and Grace are quite pleased with his choice.

Grace came with me to get the plants and on they way home we where listening to Primary songs.  I couldn't believe how much she knew.


Future renovation plans:

If we can get everything together in time the Young Women and Young Men from our ward want to come paint in a couple of weeks.  That means I'll I need to do is sand and wash the walls, maybe get a layer of primer down.  Then they can do the rest.  AWESOME!

Also roomer has it, we may be getting a little extra help this weekend while James is at work.  Can't disclose details but I'm pretty excited.

Even though the pictures don't look like it, I feel we are making progress and I still have my hopes set on moving April 20th.  We have been truly blessed and I'm grateful for all the progress we've made.

3 comments:

Dan Thomas said...

Looks like you are progressing nicely! To bad I gave my garden till away last year. Sounds like you will have quite a garden.

Dalynn said...

I love to see your updates. Can't wait to see more. SO excited for you!

Max and Rebecca said...

That is going to be one delicious garden!!