Saturday, April 27, 2013

Meet the newest member of our family


After a busy and crazy week we had a chance to enjoy some family time together while at my ultrasound appointment this morning.   The ultrasound was awesome.  I can't stop talking about how much I love the Franciscan Maternal Fetal Medicine Center.  Probably because the only time I go there is when I have my ultrasounds, but still I love it.  They are so thorough with their ultrasounds and I like that they take the time to investigate the baby's complete health.  From head circumference, heart chambers, kidneys, fingers and toes, to examining the cerebellum and other nervous system structures  I love watching it all.   
   
It was also nice to see that my placenta is attached on the left side and is not abstracting the view of baby's heart beat.  But yet again, it was tricky to get a good heart beat from this little one,  Baby is a wigglier and wasn't going to give the technician any slack.  Baby raced around my stomach faster than the technicians fingers could keep up, and she was fast.  It took a good 10 minutes before she had a recording of baby's heart beat that was clear enough to give to the doctor, later on.  We'll see if it gets easier to listen to baby's heart beat later on in my pregnancy as baby grows and isn't able to wiggle so much.  

It was no surprise as to what we saw today, this little one is definitely a boy!


Yep.  That's right! We're having a boy, or as Gwenevere would say "I was right again."  


Gwenevere knew Grace was a girl before we did, and she's been calling this little one a boy since she found out.  Now she's telling me there is still one more boy to come.  LOL  That girl, I don't know how I'm going to keep up with her.  (and just so you know, we take everything Gwenevere says with a grain of salt.  Gwenevere has also told me that I'll have six babies come out of my tummy just like puppies, so take it for what it's worth.)


Grace enjoyed sitting on Papa's lap during the ultrasound and tried every hard not to fall asleep.


Back to baby brother:  We are excited to have a little boy in our family.  The look on James' face was priceless, we've always wanted a little boy but have always enjoyed having two cute little girls, we where really excited and happy with the idea of either outcome.  Yesterday before we even knew "for sure" that Gwenevere was right, we've painted Baby brother's bedroom yellow.  Moments after leaving the doctors office I reflected on his room and immediately I could see the way I want to his nursery.  I'm not sure it I'll be able to pull it together but it's fun to think about and imagine what the perfect nursery would look like.   I'm getting so excited for a little boy.  yippee!


So there you have it.  


Welcome to the family Little One  

5 comments:

Milly said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you Elizabeth! SO fun.

~Jaimie (Higgs) Krupp

Dalynn said...

Whoohoo! So excited for baby boy Roemhildt!! That little family of yours is just too fun. Can't wait!

Sharla said...

Boys are so fun. So excited for you

Max and Rebecca said...

We are so excited...and your babies sure know how to pose for the camera!

Jenni said...

Yay for boys!!! So excited for you guys :)